Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine's Day Make Up Look

Hello, you gorgeous popsicles (too much Grace Helbig on the brain, haha) Happy February to you all! Have you noticed the sea of red that has no doubt already bombarded some grocery and drug stores? There's no way you couldn't have, haha, cause I swear it just envelops you and makes you stop. The color red will do that to you, as I've come to realize from many a Psych class. February and all this red means just one thing- Valentine's Day is on it's way. So for the next two weeks I figured I'd put together some looks that you could wear for the ocassion wether you're going out on a date, out with your gal-friends, just chilling with me, myself and I, or you know, wear for any ocassion, honestly!

Today's look is a very light, simple, and natural take on a smokey eye. I think this would be great for any day, really, but especially nice if you've made plans in the day time or early evening. In this look there's equal attention placed on eyes, lips, and cheeks, for an all around pretty look. For the eyes I used NARS Smudgeproof Base Primer and NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk for the base, blending both out with my fingers. Then with a fluffy crease brush I took a little bit of MAC's Satin Taupe and applied it lightly into the crease, ever so slightly building up the intensity and bringing it into the outer-V. Next, I took MAC's Naked Lunch on a flat shader brush and applied that on the inner 2/3 of my lid, concentrating the most color on the center. After that, using MAC's Shroom on a pencil brush I dabbed that into the inner corners to really open up the eyes, making them look a bit bigger and brighter. Who doesn't love looking doe-eyed, haha? Especially on V-Day! Then, since most of the eyeshadows have a satin-y finish to them, I decided to highlight the brow bone with a matte shadow (MAC Vanilla) to balance everything out. Now I debated lining my eyes with a liquid liner and wing, but I really wanted this to be a rather natural and soft look so to define the eyes just a bit, I tightlined the upper and lower water lines with Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Liner in Black. I realize this technique can close off the eyes (thus defeating the purpose of the bright inner corner) so if your eyes are tad on the smaller size, just tightline the upper lash line so that your lashes look fuller. Lastly, I topped of my eyelashes with Maybelline theFalsies Volume Express, which is a great lengthing and curling mascara, truly recommend!

For the rest of the face, I applied NARS Sheer Glow foundation with a Beauty Blender and Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer, blending it out with my finger. For cheeks, I used Tarte's Exposed Amazonian Clay blusher on the apple's of my cheeks and NARS Devotee on the cheek bones for highlight. On my lips I opted for Chanel's Rouge Coco in 54 Le Baiser et voila, the look is finished!
Hope you enjoyed this look and stay tuned for the next!

18 comments:

  1. I love this! That lipstick is a beautiful shade :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's as luxurious as the namesake :)

      Delete
  2. Totally buying that lipstick Jess-looks gorgeous!! I think it's just a Rouge Coco though, not a Rouge Coco Shine formula? xxx



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, I love that you loved it enough to buy it! Hope you enjoy it :) & yes, you're right it was just a Rouge Coco! :)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, as always! You're making me really want that Chanel lipstick! x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin | youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous lipstick! If you can treat yourself to it, I would :) Thanks you so much, Daphne :)

      Delete
  4. You're soo pretty you remind me of Spencer of Pretty little liars x


    http://holaflo.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as the BIGGEST compliment, haha, I love Spencer <3 You're too sweet, thank you, Flo!

      Delete
  5. Amazing - great for Valentines Day and wish you a perfect one too!:)

    Bye,
    NIKA Bittner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I wish you a Happy Valentine's day, too, Nika! Thanks you :)

      Delete
  6. Looking like the true stunner that you are Jess!! Really gorgeous look :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cassie! I always appreciate your lovely comments :)

      Also, side note - did you ever get my e-mail after you replied back to mine? Just curious!

      Delete
  7. This look is so beautful! I love it! I think a softer pink would also work really well =)

    http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it would! I was debating between a soft pink and the champagne, but yes, both would look lovely! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  8. So pretty, I think I definitely need to add Mac Naked Lunch to my collection :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You def. do, along with Satin Taupe! They're such a nice go-to combination :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)