Thursday, October 11, 2012

Maybelline | Volum Express Falsies Mascara

Do any of you watch Pretty Little Liars? Did you ever notice how voluminous their lashes are?! They are like thick, feathery beings, fanning out every time they bat their eyes! When I would watch a bunch of episodes in a row I would become completely enthralled with their lashes and then completely forget what was happening in the episode. I was on a mission to find a mascara that would give me, what I call "Pretty Little Liar Lashes".

Today, I bring to you that mascara. I have found it. I am in love with it. It's brilliant. It's Maybelline Volum (yes, without the 'e') Express Falsies mascara. It is the mascara that gives impeccable volume to my lashes that I thought I'd never even want. Take a look at the wand. I think that wand is what sets it apart from many mascaras. It's curved slightly in the natural curve your lashes have at the base. Brilliant! You'd think since out lashes aren't lined up like soldiers , all the mascara wands would be created like this! I think it makes such a huge difference in application cause it also allows your lashes to properly curl. There's also some bend to the wand which is really lovely, but I don't quite know why, hahaha! So you've got the volume and the curl, what more is there to ask for? Length, I guess, but with your lashes high as the sky you won't even need the extra! I'm absolutely smitten like a kitten with this mascara. I'm already looking forward to the day I can say I've repurchased it!

Have you ever felt that way about mascara or any sort of product; it performed and did everything you wanted it to? What's your favorite mascara at the moment? :)

12 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this one up for a while... does it flake or anything? After reading this review I feel like I MUST have this mascara! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it starts to dry out it gets a tad flaky, but I feel that's the same with any mascara. But other than that, I don't notice any at all :)

      Delete
  2. This is my absolute favorite mascara! I've repurchased it so many times. I made the mistake of trying out a new mascara recently, and I was pretty disappointed. My lashes were sticking straight out with no curl whatsoever. I won't make that mistake again! :D

    http://starrynightxxc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm hearing so many other really awesome suggestions but I think I'll stick with this one for a while, and have a back up just in case ;)

      Delete
  3. I've tried this one before but I prefer 'Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara' :) But I'm a massive lover of thick black huge eyelashed, rather than the flicked
    (partly because I flick my wand onto my face and end up resemeling a panda)

    Great review dear
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The look of fuller lashes is always so much more natural/glamorous to me :) Hahaha, happens to the best of us :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh this looks great! I love LOreal Voluminous False Lashes mascara & Maybelline Megaplump currently! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think Maybelline have got some really good drugstore mascaras out! Might try Megaplump ... or get my sister to do it for me , haha!

      Delete
  5. I've seen this so many times and haven't bought it. But seriously how do they get those amazing lashes?! They're probably fake haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, probably. The really exaggerated halloween, feather, lashes, no doubt! It would be swell if we could achieve that with just one mascara, wouldn't it? ;)

      Delete
  6. This is perfect, I’ve have been looking for products like this. My DISH coworker and I are going to be Aria and Spencer for a Halloween costume contest, and recently we’ve been going through episodes of Pretty Little Liars to find outfits. I have a bunch of episodes saved on my Hopper, which has tons of recording space, so I’ve been trying to watch what the girls wear and how they do their make-up. Do you remember the episode where Aria is putting on mascara, and her brother asks if she’s going to do both eyes, or just look like a Cyclops? I couldn’t quite see what type of mascara she was using. So thanks for the review, now I know what to buy for my costume make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post :), i'm looking for a new mascara so i'll definitley have to try this one. I think wands are better when they are slightly curved because it just gives them that extra volume and you may not have to use an eyelash curler

    domandellie.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)