Happy Wishlist Wednesday! Don't worry, that's not becoming a thing just yet on this blog - I have a wishlist to share with you all and it just so happens it's Wednesday, haha! If you've ever been to a Sephora you'll know that they have a reward system called 'Beauty Insider' where for every $1 you spend a point is added to your account. 'Beauty Insider' is just one tier of their reward system - the second tier is 'VIB' (Very Important Beauty Insider) and to get into that tier you need to spend have spent at least $350 in a calendar year. I am currently a 'VIB' and get all the wonderful perks that come with that but now Sephora have done it and brought out a third tier called 'VIB Rouge' (how prestige sounding!) To get 'VIB Rouge' status you need to have spent at least $1000 in a calendar year. I saw that and thought, "holy cow, what?!" mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to ever reach that tier. Turns out, I'm a lot closer than I think. I e-mailed Sephora and they told me I'm only 280 points (well 180 now, you'll see why) away from having 'VIB Rouge' status. I think I squealed, haha! I'll need to spend $280 (now $180) to get the acclaimed status of 'VIB Rouge' which comes with so many benefits your mind will explode (one being free shipping, always and forever, well, until your 'VIB Rouge'-ness expires) and a shiny red points card (which you know is the only reason I want it, haha ;) ) If you want to read more about it you can over here.
So loooooong story short, this wishlist is a compilation of items that I've been lusting after that are sold at Sephora stores, that would help me get to 'VIB Rouge'!
- Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara | It's got a much longer name than that but I figured I'd spare you another essay, haha! I got this mascara as a '100' point perk in my last order from Sehpra. I saw the tiny little brush and just laughed. What was that ittle bitty baby supposed to do to my lashes? A whole lot, it turns out! It's separates and because it's so tiny it can really give you lift from the root of your eyelashes, so mucho volume and your eyes appear bigger! I'm one to always go on and on about drugstore mascaras working better than high end ones but I've fallen for this bad boy, hard.
- Lorac Pro Palette | Who wouldn't want this palette? It's a perfect mix of shades to create a whole slew of eye looks, with a nice mix of matte and shimmery finishes. I haven't bought it yet because I've got all of Urban Decay's Naked palette's and can't justify another one, but I'm slowly starting to find reasons to need it, haha!
- Dior Amber Diamond | THE HOLIEST OF HIGHLIGHTERS THERE IS OR WAS. Actually that's not true, I'm pretty in love with MAC's Soft & Gentle but UGH! The packaging, the shiny 'Dior' label, and just the softness of the finely milled shimmery product, makes it TOP on my "I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want ..." list!
- Yves Sait Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine in Fuchsia in Excess | See? It's an essay of a name for a lipstick, haha. Anyway, I've been eyeing this lipstick up and down ever since I saw the ad for them in Sephora. The model on the ad was wearing it and it looked so gorgeous that I instantly thought 'I have to have it!' Some like blush, some like mascaras, but for me lipstick's are my kryptonite. I don't think I'll ever have enough, haha, which is why I went ahead and already bought this yesterday on an impromptu trip to a supper fancy mall in New Jersey! So this baby has gotten me that much closer to VIB Rouge *__*
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir | See my thoughts on this annoying, son of a sea witch product here. I love this stuff and I hate myself for loving this stuff. I'm working on a small bottle of this but know that when it's finished it'll only makes sense to get the bigger one. DANG THIS STUFF.
- NARS Sex Appeal | This blush is like a ghost to me. It's a gorgeous soft, pale peach color that really brightens up my face and I always think about it when my eye look is a bit darker or smokey. I actually bought this once and then returned it because my wallet felt too guilty for splurging when I knew I shouldn't have. I still want this, so much. I have absolutely nothing like it in my small stash of blushes and it would be just the perfect addition!
I would totally be honored if any of these products made their way into my collection to help me get into VIB Rouge. I've already gotten the lipstick so I'm that much closer! Also, my mom bought the Marc Jacobs Honey perfume (SO CUUUUTE) so that helped push me to only needing about 180 points. I think if it weren't for my dad buying a perfume/cologne for everyone he knew around the holidays, I def. wouldn't be this close, haha!
What would you buy to help you get to VIB Rouge?