Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Disney Collection by Sephora | Ariel Collection 'Kiss The Girl' Rollerball

This week you are going to pelted with mermaid-related posts, specifically Ariel Collection posts! The entire collection was released last week and I snatched up everything I wanted so fast, it was insane! Some part of me thought that if I didn't get the things I wanted within a matter of seconds that it'd all sell out. Originally I wasn't planning on buying the rollerball perfume, just because I didn't know what it would smell like, but the packaging was too gorgeous to pass up! I figured if anything I would return it because Sephora has an amazing return policy. No need for that, as it turns out! When I opened the packaging (which is as intricately detailed as the Storylook Palette packaging, review can be found here) and pulled out the small bottle I was in awe. The rollerball bottle is like any standard rollerball. It's made of glass and made to look frosted with blue. The glass feels rubberized, sort of reminiscent of NARS packaging, and I love that feeling so it was quickly racking up points! On the bottle, painted in silver, is a delicate filigree sort of design. I'm not exactly sure if it's meant to look like seaweed or not, but that's what I'm going to pretend it is, haha. On one side (do cylindrical bottles have sides?!) it says 'true love is beyond words' which, this is going to sound like cheese on a stick, but makes my heart flutter every time I read it.

So after I stopped oggling the packaging it was time to take a whiff. In those mere seconds of opening the cap and applying it to me wrist I was having an internal debate on wether or not I'd still keep it if I didn't particularly like it. Suffice to say, I love the scent! It's me wrapped up in frosted glass. I feel like you guys will just think I'm going ga-ga over it because it's Ariel and mermaids and yeah, which is okay, but it's seriously such a gorgeous scent. My sister hates it, but I really love it. Sephora's website says that the notes are "Bergamot, Wet Cucumber, Ozonic Accord, Water Notes, Wild Lilac, Starfruit, White Musk, Sandalwood, Ambergris. " It's described as "Alluring. Romantic. Confident". It's a floral scent but not overly floral like you'd imagine when hearing 'floral'. It's quite soft and makes me think of the beach at dusk or dew on grass. How those are remotely related, I don't know, but I'm trying to give you a feel of it since no one has created smell-o-vision just yet! It starts off quite strong on the skin and then fades into a very light and airy scent in about 4 hours. For $19, I'm absolutely in love. If I finish the rollerball and the perfume is still being sold, I might just buy the big bottle! Luckily, the perfumes never sell as quickly as the palette's and compact so it's up on the Sephora's website and should be in stores in the first week of August (or so I was told!) if I've managed to tickle your fancy ;)
What do you guys think? Have you picked up anything from the collection?

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That's such a beautiful collection. I know I should be a friend and tell you that you shouldn't have bought the entire thing without checking... but I am also in love w mermaids and I think you played it smart! If you didn't buy them, they would definitely sell out! :)

    www.lovingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you would've been a good friend, but I would have been a bad friend and disregarded because ... well MERMAIDS :D Sephora's got a pretty amazing return policy so I knew if I didn't like it I could just return it :3

      Delete
  2. I really wasn't sure on the packaging on this collection at first but it's really, really grown on me! I placed an order for the mirror from a UK seller last week but they've had a mix-up with their supplier and it's going to take another 2-3 weeks :(

    As long as I get it I'll be happy! I really like the sound of the Ariel perfume, and the rollerball design is beautiful!

    Amy at PaintPotted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too gorgeous. I was in love when I saw the promo video for it and now I'm just plain smitten with it all! There's a UK seller? Oh my that's amazing! Hope everything else goes well with that order :) This stuff is seriously worth the wait! :)

      Delete
  3. I love how every single detail of this perfume has been so well thought thru! Fantastic review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I love the attention to detail! Feels like one of those things people will be looking for when I'm well into my 50s, haha!

      Delete
  4. Fab review!

    The bottle looks very mythical, I would proudly take this out of my handbag just to show it off, ha!

    Damn, wish we had a Sephora in the UK! *wails*

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does look mythical doesn't it? Should've had some smog around it, would've looked so enchanting! I'm so sorry about the UK not having a Sephora. We need to start a petition or something!!

      Delete
  5. The boxes are so pretty! Love that quote too, so romantic, and the bar code is adorable. Great review! Now I wat to smell it too :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the bar codes, so cute! No detail was spared :)
      Thank you so much! Wish I could have a scratch-n-sniff blog, haha!

      Delete
  6. It looks gorgeous. Great review.
    Beth x
    chroniccosmetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packagung really looks so cute and you can see how much effort they put in.

    http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! Even the barcode has been thought through, haha!

      Delete
  8. Oh my god, I NEED something from this collection! I'm obsessed with the film :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do!! Especially since you're obsessed with the films :) Any piece would be amazing to have!

      Delete
  9. I love the frosted glass. It's like sea glass. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my lanta, it totally is like sea glass! Didn't even think of that! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)