Thursday, July 4, 2013

FOTD | Red, White & Blue

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Hello everyone and Happy 4th of July to all my lovely American readers (there are a few of you, aren't there?! haha) You know what? Happy 4th of July to you all! If it hadn't been for Americans declaring their freedom from England all those years ago ... I'd probably have a British accent. DANG IT. I hope you all enjoy your day wether you're having a BBQ, spending your day at the beach or just patiently waiting for the fireworks! I'll be on my way to Pennsylvania this morning to watch my sister compete in a dance competition. Exciting stuff, really it is =_+. Either way, I thought I'd share my partiotic make up with you all. I did one last year as well, but this one is a bit more wearable! I used NARS Smudge Proof Primer and NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pots n' Pans as a base for a silver Coastal Scents eyeshadow. It was from the 88 Shimmer Palette so it doesn't have a name but it's just your average silver eye shadow. I then mixed a bright red with a cranberry red from that same Coastal Scents palette and applied that under my lower lash line. For the 'blue' in red, white and blue, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use a blue eyeliner. I used Stila's Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Liner in Curacoa and lined my upper lash line semi-thickly without flaring it out. I had the end of the blue liner meet the red eyeshadow to close the lines. Then to make my eyes look bigger I added MAC Fascinating Eye Khol, which is a stark white color, on my water line and then topped of my lashes with Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravaganza Mascara. As for my face I just used Bobbi Brown's Eye Brightener (which is seriously amazing stuff for under your eyeballs) and then Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation. I probably need to wear a more high coverage foundation because I am breaking out everywhere!! but in the summer I'm just not about that life. It'd melt off my face, haha! Lastly, for cheeks, I used Tarte's Natural Beauty Blush (reviewed here, seriously it's SO GOOD) and topped my cheek bones with Benefit's Watts Up highligher (I dislike it so very much, reviewed right here when I had the full size. Didn't like it then but I felt the need to use up my sample :/) Oh! & almost forget my lips! The 4th of July is the perfect time to whip out a red lip so I used my Cover Girl Lip Perfection lipstick in Hot.
How are you showing your patriotic pride today?

20 comments:

  1. Happy Independance Day lovely.. I love this look, your liner looks incredible! xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy independence day! I'm not American but today is my parent's anniversary so we're celebrating too :) Lovely look

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Congrats to them both :) Start up the fireworks!

      Delete
  3. You have a lovely blog, just stumbled across it now
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC, instagram, twitter and bloglovin’?
    If so let me know and I’ll follow you right back
    My blog is a fashion/lifestyle blog!
    Speak soon,
    Have a lovely day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/andkateblog
    www.instagram.com/andkateblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your freckles are adorable. Also your eyebrow shape fits really well on your face. You're beautiful. Just gained a follower as a matter of fact (;
    Looking forward to more!

    xx Debbie
    shapes-and-sizes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, they're noticeable?! Haha, well thank you very much :) You're far too kind! :) xo

      Delete
  5. Hey, it doesn't look like the French flag. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY FOURTH JESS!!! You look gorgeous; have fun celebrating with your patriotic face :D

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie! Hope you celebrated well :)

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous Jess! I love the blue eyeliner! Happy fourth of july!!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should wear red lipstick EVERY SINGLE DAY. It looks SO gorgeous on you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SHOULD, SHOULDN'T I?! I love reds <3 Thanks so much, Coco! <3

      Delete
  9. You look so stunning, Jess! I love the liner and the lipstick combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous, those lips are perfect!

    Kylie - lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)