Saturday, July 27, 2013

Disney Collection by Sephora | Ariel Collection ''Part of Your World" Palette

Happy Saturday to everyone! I usually don't post on the weekends but seeing as how I wanted to take a wee day break from a full week o' posting, I decided, what the heck? There's still one more item left to review from the third Disney Collection by Sephora and that is the Part of Your World Palette. This palette is much, much smaller than the Storylook Palette (which I reviewed here) but the same amount of detail was poured into just like with every other piece of this collection. If I'm honesty (AND IT PAINS ME TO SAY) the only reason I picked up this palette was to complete my collection. Sure, I didn't get the polishes or glosses (still debating) but those aren't products I gravitate to like I do with eyeshadows. So yes, I picked it up because of it's gorgeous packaging. When I finally saw the colors inside I had mixed feelings. I loved the look of the colors together ... but when was I gonna wear a green with purple, c'mon?! (AGH, this is killing me, haha) When I finally had it in my hands though all the doubts flew out the window, hopped in a taxi, drove to the airport, and took a plane to Timbuktu. I was completely smitten and the colors in person are beautiful. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but they're beautiful. 

Who's-it is a pearlescent white that's the designated "highlight" color. I usually designate the lightest and shimmery colors as highlight colors, haha. It's the most pigmented of the bunch so I'm thinking it could do well as an inner eyelid shadow or on the whole lid to make your eyes look bright and big. What's-it is an almost 'dirty' matte taupe color, leaning toward gray I want to say. It's hardly visible on the swatch on my arm but holy cannoli is it a wonderful blending color for the next two shades. Dinglehopper (!!!) is a satin green shade and that's as far as my abilities will let me describe it, sorry, haha. It's a really nice green with muted tones that make it so wearable. Snarfblat (These names, I can't!!!) is the most gorgeous purple, leaning a bit towards indigo shade I've ever seen. Probably because it's got small flecks of purple glitter that put you in a trance when you look at it in the pan and then swatch it. The last two shades also don't have the greatest opacity but if you layer them over a white base or even a colored one they honestly just come to life. All they need is that base, perhaps some NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils to really get working. They're very easy to work and blend as much and as little as you need them to. No worries if you've applied a bit too much!

As for the packaging, you all know I'm just in love. The picture on the front shows a silhouette (love all these silhouettes) of  Ariel sitting on a rock looking out at the sky with the moon illuminating her while she probably day dreams. The are is just gorgeous and I can't say it enough. There's little silver seashells framing the whole scene. This palette is in a cream colored plastic casing and opens up like quads tend to do. Inside you find the four shades nicely placed inside surrounded by gold.  It also comes with a space to hold the two brush-tip/sponge-tip duo brushes. I wouldn't throw these out guys, the brushes are great and the sponge tips really help you pack on the color! I don't find it's bulky, it's actually quite compact and I can see myself bringing this on some travels. There's also a mirror inside this palette which is really lovely to have. Inscribed on the mirror is 'dreams are realities in waiting'. Ugh, I'm THIS close to getting that quote tattoed on my forehead. All of these quotes seriously just hit home for me in ways that even I can't imagine. It pulls at my wittle heart strings every time. 

I'm completely love this eyeshadow palette and the colors are more wearable than you think. They do need a tiny bit of help in the form of a colored base but other than they're really great. If you've been itching to get your hands on something from this collection I would recommend getting this. It's the only palette left as the Storylook palette has been long sold out. You shan't be settling for a less than amazing palette and you'll have your piece of the sea :) You can get the palette on Sephora.com and in stores in the first week of August for $30! I'll be doing an eye look on this on my youtube channel fairly soon so stay tuned for that!

Here are the three other pieces I've reviewed from this collection if you haven't seen them yet!
What do you all think?

13 comments:

  1. So beautiful!I love the little mermaid xx

    Zoe | Sweet Electric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'l disturbingly loving all these posts about The Little Mermaid collection and you're making me want to buy it all!
    Jennifer
    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah I love all of your little reactions to the names of these colors Jess. They are pretty spectacular though so I understand ;) And yeahhhhhhh it kind of looks like a throwaway palette in terms of colors (nothing too special, shocking, or extremely wearable) BUT I'm happy that you have it in your collection because you're a mermaid and you deserve it :D

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this so much, its all beautiful, too bad I live in the UK :( Please take a quick look at my blog

    Amber xx

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so pretty! I wish I could get the whole collection. Everything is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this packaging is gorgeous, wish they had this in the UK!

    I have just found your blog and LOVE it!!

    Brunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful palette!! the colors are stunning but different than I'm used to but still stunning. great review!

    Kristina @ Beauty With Compassion

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU'RE KILLING ME JESS! All of these products are seriously gorgeous, I'm kicking myself for not getting them haha, but I'm trying to save money up!

    Great review!!!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah so pretty! I really like that purple!
    Nice review!:3

    http://punkyandbubblesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so pretty, wish we had Sephora in the UK. The purple looks absolutely stunning. :)


    http://thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! How I wish Sephora delivered world wide! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little mermaid and I just want this palette because of that! The colors look gorgeous, but worn separately. Because like you said, when am I going to wear a purple with a green? xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)