Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wishlist | A Day In NYC

Day In NYC Wishlist
Can you believe how long it's been since my last wishlist post? These used to be my thing. I was supposed to have a video up today but I sort of didn't feel like editing it/didn't know if I wanted to publish it at all. Instead I thought I'd give my blog an extra day of love this week and post a wishlist. This weekend is an exciting one because Andrea, the lovely blogger and YouTuber over at From Inside My Closet, is coming to NYC for a day of shopping, beauty talk, and just good ol' fashioned hanging out! It's going to be real fun finally 'meeting' her in 'real' life! There are loads of stores we want to hit up such as INGLOT, ELF, and LUSH, and I've managed to create a 'small' list ;)
  • INGLOT | Our first stop is going to be INGLOT and I absolutely love, love, love their Freedom System. I've always wanted to get myself a 5 pan palette because I love how long and sleek it looks. That's not a very good reason for wanting something is it? Haha. I don't know if I'll fill it right then and there but there are two types of colors I've been dying to get my hands on: a matte bright blue and matte bright yellow. I've always wanted to try Sugarpill makeup but haven't been wanting to buy it online so I'll be looking for colors similar to Mochi and Buttercupcake. I'd really love to fill this palette with 5 matte-bright colors but so far those are the only two colors I'm sure of!
  • E.L.F. | Oh, dear E.L.F. cosmetics. The brand of cheap cosmetics that are worth more than they are being sold for, apparently. I say apparently because I've never actually owned an ELF product but I've heard rave reviews for their blushes and products in general so when I found out that they opened a shop right next to St. Marks I was all over it! The fact that I managed to narrow down my list to only two blushes and bronzers is an amazing feat. There is so much to see and I'm afraid I may come out with more than just what I've put on this list. Peachy Keen and Mellow Mauve are on my list because these are two shades I don't have in my collection and at $3 a pop why not splurge and treat myself to two new blushes ;) Also, their Golden Bronzer has been on my list ever since I found out it was a dupe for Dior's Amber Diamond. I'll forever want Amber Diamond in it's amazing packaging but hey, what's $40 compared to $3?! Ugh, I don't know how I'll control myself!
  • Pink Lemonade Flower Crown | That's what I've chosen to name this style of headband with the pink, yellow, and white colored flowers. Doesn't it remind you of pink lemonade? Haha! I have been on a floral headband kick for about two weeks now and finally got my hands on some at Forever21 which you can see in this haul right here. So the floral headband to the left is from Urban Outfitter's and costs $20 and the one to the left is from Forever21 costs $4.80. The reason I have both on this list is because if I can't find the pink lemonade headband from Forever21 (it wasn't at the one I went to) I'll most likely get the one from Urban Outfitter's. The Urban Outfitter's one is gorgeous and probably a little sturdier so I won't mind paying the price for such a nice headband. Call me crazy, I won't mind :)
Hopefully I'm a good little beauty blogger and stick to this list of lovely things, but knowing me, the beauty blogger who failed her spending ban, I might make a few cheeky purchases along the road (; 

18 comments:

  1. love your blog so a new followr here :)
    I recently fallen in love with inglot too , really want to build up the lipstic pallette colour are soooo pretty :)
    x
    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! *waves*
      I've never thought to look at their lipstick palettes! I've sort of been enchanted by all their eyeshadows that I never look anywhere else, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous you live in NYC. To have access to all of these awesome stores must be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it's pretty nice. I can't lie, it's a great city to live in. Although, absolutely awful for my bank balance with all the shopping and restaurants XD

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhhh I miss NYC so much!!! I love love love Sephora but they won't ship to my US freight forwarding address (stamps feet!!) anymore, only to an actual person.
    Have an amazing day!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora is such an amazing and strange company. I don't get why they won't ship to the UK! I think with such a great return policy they're a bit paranoid something might go wrong. I wonder if the Sephora in France website will ship to the UK!

      Delete
  4. I'd love to visit there too. One day. You've got some great products picked out. I want to try out ELF's blushes and baked shadows. I hear those are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally visit! NYC is the greatest :)
      I've heard loads of great things about the baked shadows! I'll probably end up picking one up!

      Delete
  5. You're going to have so much fun! I adore elf products, you'll seriously love them! I would really recommend their mineral lip tints & studio lip balms, and also, they have a gorgeous blush and bronzer duo!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I think I'm going to stay away from the lip products because I have so many but the blushes and bronzers are tantalizing!

      Delete
  6. I am a huge fan of ELf great products for very cheap! Cant wait to see what you get! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica,
    you are my all-time favourite blogger and I thought I'd let you know :)
    Sweet post and I also wanted to ask if you could do a post all about your pandora bracelet, the meanings your charms have etc. I'm sure many of your readers would love to see a post like this too ^_^
    Belle xoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, wow thank you so much Belle! I love your name :D
      That's a great idea for a post! I can totally do that :) I'll try to photograph it and write it up and have it next week, if not then def. the week after :) Thanks for your lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  8. Great wishlist! I need to check out Inglot products especially their eye shadows! xx
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most certainly do! They're so amazing!!!

      Delete
  9. I LOOOOOOOVE Inglot! I hope they have a store in LA. And I definitely need to get some flower crowns. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one in a Macy's at Beverly Center. I don't know if that's anywhere you'll be but see, it might be close!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)