Friday, July 26, 2013

Disney Collection by Sephora | Ariel Collection 'Set the Mood' Compact Mirror

Do you ever anticipate something so much that it just seems like it'll never come to fruition? You anticipate it so much that time seems to go slower and slower and the day or event you've been anticipating doesn't seem real? Well, that's how I felt about this Ariel Set The Mood compact mirror that was released in the Disney Collection by Sephora. The compact mirrors have been the pic de resistance to every single one of the Disney Collection selling out in just hours. Unfortunately, the same rang true for the Ariel collection and it sold out in about an hour and half. I was (somehow) lucky enough to be awake at a normal hour and catch the release. I snagged myself four *blushes* Haha, I don't know why I needed so many but maybe I'll give them to some friends and family. This compact is absolutely gorgeous and was completely worth waiting for. The detail in the cover is outmatched. Seriously, if you can find anything prettier let me know. The compact depicts the scene of 'Kiss the Girl' in The Little Mermaid when Ariel and Eric are boating on the lake. It shows them in silhouette and around them are the little fish swimming (and in the movie singing) around them. It's very sturdy and has a bit of heft to it which to some would seem troublesome to carry around, but for $20 I'm glad because it feels like it won't just snap. There's a quote inscribed on one of the mirrors that says "you've got to be you" A lot of people seem to have a problem with this quote and it's relation to the movie but it's ... just ... I love it. There's no way to fault the execution of this compact in every detail. I have no words for this compact - really, I don't, the pictures honestly say it all. I'm so happy with it and can't wait to whip it out instead of my phone to touch up my makeup. Every mermaid should have this to complete their collections :)
What do you all think? Were you lucky enough to catch it?

21 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. This is sooooo gorgeous! I seriously wish I had gotten one in time! I totally missed these on the website, and I don't have a sephora close to me haha. I'm going to have to do some digging to get one!

    xo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I still can't believe it's real. Oh man, Aly, that stinks! I'm going to check in with every Sephora in my city to grab more (because y'know 4 isn't enough, haha) If I happen to get some from the store and you can't find any I can get you one! :) eBay is always an option but prices are scary!! :O

      Delete
  2. Wow. Just wow. That is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *stares at it forever* Makes me so sad I didn't get the other two, but then again, how many mirrors do we need? ;)

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh I have so much love for this mirror (well the whole collection really) ..ah and the little quote on the mirror eeee.. such a shame these (along with Sephora) aren't available in the UK :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so bad that it's not sold in the UK or that there's no Sephora in general! I feel like so many people, all over the globe, could've appreciate collections like this!

      Delete
  4. Oh my God it's so much prettier than I had imagined (if that's even possible?!) I can't wait for mine to arrive. I really like the quote too, I think it does ring true to the movie even though it's not actually said :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I mean I knew it would be beautiful but this is just stunning work! It's actually from the TV show which most people don't seem to know about, strangely, regardless, it's such a nice quote!

      Delete
  5. This is sooo pretty and magical, I'm so jealous !

    btw, I love your photography skills :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is magical, isn't it?
      & thank you!! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh this is just sooooo pretty. I have to admit I might be the only person in the world, who doesn't like Disney.. but even I can appreciate how special this is :D xxx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GEM. HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE DISNEY? Not judging, just asking in a shout, haha! Yeah, even if you're not a fan you can't knock the detail put into this glorious piece of metal and glass!

      Delete
  7. Stunning!!! I saw the reaction to the quote on Twitter. Saying that Ariel isn't happy with herself and that she's not being "her" and is trying to change throughout the movie. Well I disagree. I think it's a great quote to put in a Little Mermaid compact. Ariel wanted SO badly to live above the water, to have legs and do "human" things. Despite the pressure of her father or other mermaids she did what she could to achieve that goal because it's what SHE wished to be. As a mermaid she wasn't truly fulfilled. Even if the mermaids thought it was silly, wrong or that she was changing her "true" self by wanting to be something other than what she was born as, she did it anyways because it was what made HER happy. So in that I do think she was being "her". Phew! Was that too much analysis for a Disney movie? LOL! Sorry for that, this is a post about a compact mirror but I do take my Disney movies seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this! I'll probably tweet you about this since I don't know if you'll go back to see it! I LOVE the quote and I think people are being too "THIS NEEDS TO BE ABOUT ARIEL" I mean, no, it's about everyone and all the people buying it who are going to enjoy it. & yeah, I agree! "You've got to be you" so applies to Ariel. She didn't want to be a mermaid (silly soul) because she wanted be human. She had to hide all her treasures and fantasies from everyone and that wasn't Ariel being 'herself' Hey, if others can anazlye it to say it's not fitting we can analyze just as much!! <3

      Delete
  8. OMG I love this! It is one of them things that you can keep forever! <3
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm going to be buried with it, haha!

      Delete
  9. That is so pretty, I would always have this out if I had one. Might need to search eBay to see if i can get my little hands on it. Wish Sephora would open a store on the UK =(

    http://thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it pretty much sits on the shelf above my desk all day. DOn't have the heart to keep it anywhere else! There's TONS on eBay and maybe you'll find one that ships internationally! Good luck :)

      Delete
  10. That mirror is gorgeous! I think I'd buy it just to look at it... And because Ariel is my favorite princess haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's a gorgeous collectible! Ariel is my favorite princess tied with Belle. I just can't ever choose between them!

      Delete
  11. Hey, I wanted to tell you that I understand the sheer LUST you had/have for this compact... I find myself in the same boat! I wanted to chime in my opinion regarding the compact's quote. I was a little girl in the 90s and growing up, I was OBSESSED with Ariel. I had a casette tape titled "Splash Hits" which had songs from The Little Mermaid television series (Jodi Benson voices Ariel). On the tape, there is a song by Sebastian titled "You Got To Be You." It's actually from the pilot episode titled, "Whale of a Tale." You can find it on Youtube, but here's one link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Plem9x2Ck0

    I haven't bought the compact yet (key word: YET!!!) but every time I look at it on eBay, I read the quote in Sebastian's voice and that song starts playing in my head, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)