Monday, July 22, 2013

Products I Regret Purchasing | Best In Beauty ROUND 4

Hey there, hi there, ho ho ho there! I'm just going to jump straight into it by saying THANK YOU to any of you lovely readers who have gone over and supported me in the Best In Beauty competition! I've managed to somehow make into the 4th round of the competition and I so appreciate the support and kind words in your comments. By getting me into the 4th round you've extended my battle (WAR, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Good god, y'all!) which means I'm calling for your help and support once again. This round's video was to review a product or products we just plain didn't like so I thought I'd make a "Products I Regret Purchasing" video. This was a really fun video to film for some reason. It could be because of the purple makeup or the floral crown but it was most likely because I had some pent up resentment for some of these products for sounding so wonderful and just making my wallet radiate guilt. After you've watched this video I'd seriously appreciate you guys taking the time to go and vote. To vote all you have to do is head on over to this link over here --> (http://youtu.be/LAR25EDhhR8) and leave a comment on it with "The Mod Mermaid". Two lovely ladies are being eliminated this week and there are only 6 of us left so I could use your support now more than ever! I'm not even letting myself watch the votes come in on the video because last week it sent me into a tizzy of anxiety, haha! This is probably one of my videos that I feel most confident in publishing! So as always, I'd love to know what you thought!

What are some products you regret purchasing?

18 comments:

  1. I feel EXACTLY the same way with the Rimmel Apocalips... they are in my disappointing products video too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think the hype is slowly starting to wear off! I'm seeing more and more mixed/negative reviews on them!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely despise the Rimmel Apocalips, I only bought one back in April (?) but I felt conned out of my money after I used it. So. Much. Transfer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I feel the same way.

      Btw, I voted for you Jess :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, it sort of killed me when I saw people in the US buying the Show Offs and raving about them, because I'm like DIDN'T IT BOTHER YOU?!

      & thank you so much, Coco! :D <3

      Delete
  3. I wasn't too impressed with the Organix products :( they sounded so promising, but they're just average... xx


    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard people getting on with the oils but as far as shampoo/conditioner it's not all that impressive. I've never seen my hair so dry :( Such a shame!

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing more mixed to negative reviews about the Apocalips - even as a lip junkie I managed to resist buying them when they finally launched here. I'm not a fan of liquid lipsticks or glosses which they seemed to be closer to than a normal lipstick. I really enjoyed the video - very funny in parts! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How you ever did that is amazing! It's one of those lip products that had the lipstick and lip gloss gals coming together in this mazing lip lacquer and just went down hill! I have a Sephora liquid lipstick that is actually quite good but this def. leaned more to the gloss-side than anything! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank YOU for watching it :)

      Delete
  5. I feel the same about the apocalips. It always feesl really tacky on the lips and I feel a bit afraid to eat , drink or talk with it on because i'm afraid it will go all over my face.
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? You can't really do much with it on because you're either afraid it'll be all over your face or somehow all of your hands, haha! xo

      Delete
  6. I voted! You're so cute, i love the way you describe things-definitely giggled when you said your mom would love this video!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks Stacey! :)
      Yeah, she would've flipped out had she seen this, haha!

      Delete
  7. I feel the same about the argan oil conditioner. Not too good, but the coconut milk shampoo is amazing! I am so in love with it. I use it with the S Factor conditioner, so my hair smells like coconut and strawberries! yum xx

    haley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try the coconut milk shampoo! That's the one that was recommended the most in the comments so I'll have to see :) MMMM, you probably smell like a cocktail!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)