Monday, July 15, 2013

Urban Decay | 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in El Dorado

Let me just start off by saying this isn't the first time I've bought a product because I saw it being used in a movie I really liked. In fact, I reviewed this MAC Prolongwear Lipstick which was used on Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games coronation scene. The only reason I bought is because it looked amazing on Jennifer and some weird gears in my head turned making me think if I bought that lipstick I'd look as amazing. This is no different for the Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in El Dorado which was the eyeliner they used in The Hunger Game to create Cinna's signature gold eyeliner. I loved Cinna! When I read that he had gold eyeliner I thought it was amazing and then when I saw it on the big screen I thought it looked spectacular! So, again, the strange gears in my head turned and I thought well if Cinna looks spectacular in gold eyeliner I will too!

El Dorado is a metallic-gold liquid liner. It's not the most wearable of shades that I could have picked up but I've been getting so much wear out of it! I love the metallic sheen and how the gold color looks with my blue eyes. It doesn't really make then pop, but I just like the overall feel. It's that little ray of shine I get glimpses off when I'm walking somewhere and catch my reflection. It's a "makes-me-happy" eyeliner, let's just say, haha! It comes packaged in a typical liquid liner tube and I love that the tube reflects the liner color inside - makes it a lot easier to sort through in the hub-ub of liquid liners in similar packaging. Now I must say that the teensy and thin brush of the liner almost put me off. I thought it would make the line too thin and that'd I spend ages trying to build up the thickness if I wanted to. I didn't think this brush would cut it, but I was wrong! It's thin, but it's not flimsy. It has the perfect amount of bristles to give you control and create straight, rounded lines. The color comes off insanely pigmented and opaque in just one stroke. It's perfect for getting a thin line close to the lashes, but it's also, surprisingly, good at creating a bit of a thicker line if you put a little more pressure onto the brush when you sweep it across. You can of course layer to create even thicker lines. The opacity stays the same and it doesn't smear off any of the already placed liner. 

The best part of this liner has to be the "24/7 Waterproof" claim. We look at 24/7 or 24 hours and just think ... okay, long lasting, but if you don't try and wipe off this eyeliner with a makeup remover, it won't budge, at all! I've fallen asleep with this liner on (a big beauty, no-no! I know) and woken up with a perfect line. Sure, it lost some of it's metallic shine, but oh my lanta, it was still there! It's also very waterproof! I've worn this to the pool and had no problems with smudging or running. The only way to get El Dorado to come off is by seriously rubbing at your eye (wouldn't suggest it, haha) or just wiping at it with a make up remover (it comes off cleanly that way!) 

I would most certainly recommend this liner to you lovelies, especially as it seems we're all experiencing some unbearable heat this summer. The Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof liners come in a cast array of colors so there'll surely be a color in there for you! Next on my list is Perversion as I need a black liner that won't smudge or budge. Just take the direction of "shake-well before use" that you see on the tube seriously, and you've found your best new eyeliner friend for the summer!
What do you think of these Urban Decay liners? Something that tickles your fancy, or not so much? 

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That looks freakin amazing! I want to get myself a gold liner now. I like the 24/7 range in general, so this quality is a bit expected. But wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's different but so much fun to wear! Urban Decay outdid themselves with this range!

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I need this, I love gold and orangey tones for blue eyes like MAC's paintpot in Rubinesque or however you spell it :p x

    Beaumaquillagex | Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Rubinesque is gorgeous! I think if this had a bit more of an orange tinge to it, it would make blue eyes really pop, but it's still so nice!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what's in the new liquid liners from UD, but it might as well be hot sauce! I always end up with a tiny bit of it in my eye and then all hell breaks loose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I've never experienced that with this liner but I do know what that feels like. Yipes! I'd keep my distance :X

      Delete
  4. I love these eyeliners! I don't have this color but I have a dark brown (the name has totally slipped my mind) and it's awesome quality! Great review Jess! :D

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aly!! I need to get myself a black and brown! :D

      Delete
  5. YES, the minute I read about Cinna's eyeliner I ran out and bought some too haha (it's pretty much all I wore last summer)!! We really are glittah sistahs ;) I have this in the pencil form and think it's lovely but the liquid version is SO much more pigmented! I have a gold one from NYX though that looks quite similar so I think I'm set for now but the minute that one runs out... I think I might give this a shot <3

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, OMG GLITTAH SISTAHS, separated at birth. I would have loved to live in the Capitol just to wear outrageous makeup! I was thinking of getting the pencil form but the liquid is just so crisp and pigmented! Yes, the minute it runs out you NEED this one! It's fantastic!

      Delete
  6. This was Cinna's eyeliner?? Omg even more fabulous <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP! I stalked the makeup artist's who did the makeup, haha. OUPS :D

      Delete
  7. It looks awesome! I think it's so cool that it was Cinna's eyeliner. It makes me want to buy it too! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? It's so gorgeous on it's own but there's something so special about it being Cinna's gold eyeliner!! xo

      Delete
  8. This is really pretty!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have been loving a glittery liner for summertime and this one looks so pretty! thanks so much for sharing!

    sundays grace beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one would be great for a metallic liner! & you're very welcome :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)