Friday, July 12, 2013

Cherry Popping Haul | Sabon + Origins

That title may be a bit too taboo, even for me. Oh well, it's a lot more eye-catching than the original title which was "Cheeky Mini Haul". Before we get to the haul at hand I must address something that isn't quite obvious (or maybe it is, I need to give you guys a little more credit) and something that took minutes upon minutes of deliberation. Y'know, some people choose to sky dive or backpack across the world to do something out of their comfort zone, but I, instead decide to take my pictures from having 'rounded corners' ... to 'non-rounded corners' *GASP* I know, crazy rebelious, and I'm still a little terrified with all this change but I don't know, let me know what you guys prefer. I'll need to see the finished product before making a final call.

WELL, now that we've got that suspenseful and dramatic introduction out of the way on to some relevant stories. Yesterday my mom and I spent a day in the city just walking around, enjoying the atmosphere and occasionally popping into a shop or two (or maybe three, I lost count) Before we even hit the strip of shops in SoHo we walked into a store called Sabon. Now I've heard of Sabon before. In my days of working at LUSH I'd hiss and howl at this store for being a rip off of LUSH (I feel ridiculous even bringing that up) but the smell wafting out the door enticed me as well as the sand and starfish that decorated their window display. It's really amazing in there and feels 10x more grown up than LUSH (sorry, guys!) It's natural and yet ethereal all at the same time. Price point is about the same but it just looks and feels more luxurious. There was a giant (yes, GIANT) sink in the center of the shop made to look like a well made of rocks and I swear it made the experience of getting a hand treatment that much better. I distinctly remember telling the lovely sales lady that I felt like a Grecian goddess. The products she used on me all felt really lovely and nice but it was my first time in there and I didn't want to go too crazy (okay, I did, but I had some restraint) so I ended up just getting the Mango Kiwi Body Butter. I don't need another body butter but this one felt so smooth and my skin ate it up - plus it smelt like a tropical vacation sans the coconut. I was really happy with my little purchase and even more thrilled when they said that if I got my receipt e-mailed to me I'd get a shower oil for free. Who was I to turn down free shower oil?!

After walking 30 blocks, grabbing some coffee, and having an amazing lunch at Dos Caminos (the guacamole is SERIOUSLY to DIE FOR, not even exaggerating, maybe a bit, nope I'm not) I asked if we could stop at the Origins shop in the Flatiron building. Bravo to me because there was a MAC right next to it and I flew by it. Anyway, so I walk into the Origins shop (my mom firmly plants her toocus in a chair) and I start looking around for the one item on my list which was the Ginzeng Refreshing Eye Cream. I have heard about this eye cream from many bloggers and it seemed like just what I need for my stinkin' poofy under eyes and dark circles! I found it in .5 seconds but that didn't stop the nice man from testing about 5 different creams on my hand. He also didn't hesitate to get my mom in on the ginzeng fun. Somehow he also got me testing a moisturizer that was really good for dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin. When he was talking about it (I really wish I got his name!) I just saw little boxes being checked off on an imaginary list. The Soothing Face Cream sounded like everything I needed! So I grabbed it without seeing the price (it's a doozey :/) We were also going to get my sister the black mask that's supposed to clean out pores but after seeing the price on the cream we were like ehhh ... but he graciously tossed in a HUUUGE amount of samples; two of the Clear Impressions, four Drink-Up masks, and a generous A Perfect World SPF moisturizer. Not only that, but when he found out that my mom was generously buying the eye cream for me and not herself HE THREW IN A FULL SIZE EYE CREAM FOR HER. Same one, same size, same everything. We're still trying to figure out how and if he was allowed to do that, haha! 

So it's not much, yet a lot all at the same time! I'd never been in a Sabon shop or Origins shop before in my life and have never tried their products (hence the 'cherry popping') but the excellent customer service in both has me itching to go back and see some more! I really can't wait to try out these new products especially the ginzeng eye cream. Let's see if it lives up to the hype (I sure hope it does!! *fingers crossed*)
Have you guys ever shopped at these stores? What are you favorite products from either? Starting up a wishlist ;)

16 comments:

  1. wow that guy was seriously generous with the samples!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sort of stared at him in disbelief and were like "are you joking right now?" Incredibly generous!

      Delete
  2. You make me want to go to NY! Origins are always super generous with their samples but I've never had a buy one get one free deal! Haha lucky girl! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! NY is just the absolute best :)
      LOL, I'm still searching for somewhere that it says Buy1, Get1 but I can't seem to find it! D: Hopefully they're just as nice when I go back to try some more. Thanks so much for reading, Cat!! xo

      Delete
  3. Make sure you go back to that guy! Haha.. I love how generous origins are with their samples anyway but he sounds like a bit of a found treasure ;). The sabon packaging is beautiful! You can always justify another body butter when it comes wrapped like that ;). X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I got his name, haha!! It's good to hear this is a constant for Origins as their prices are bit hefty and gettingt o try the products before hand will be great! & yes, isn't it?! Def. makes it 10x more justifiable! xo

      Delete
  4. wow, got a sample deal for sure! good customer service makes all the difference especially when they get us getting things we didn't think of getting ha, great buys! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly does! I'm so excited to back and check out the entire store! Thanks!! :D

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to either or but the products look amazing! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should def. check them out or give them a browse online because they've got so much to offer and in-store customer service was really great! xo

      Delete
  6. WOW he gave you so many samples, what a nice guy! I don't think I've ever heard of Sabon, but they sound amazing! The packaging is gorgeous, and it sounds so luxurious!

    xo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I got to buy more at Sabon but we hit that store no more than 5 minutes after getting off the bus! I'll be going back there to pick up some of their scrubby salts, for sure! It's so lovely!

      Delete
  7. omg, that was so nice of the guy at Origins to give your mom a full size eye cream! Wow :) I wish they did that at my local stockist LOL. I've really wanted to venture more into Origins (I only have their Drink Up Overnight mask), but the products are so pricey! I'm eyeing the Ginzing moisturiser and the Make A Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I wish they did that every where! The products are SO pricey and the price cards around the store are a bit hard to read to guage the price. I thought my moisturizer was around $20 - $30 tops but then he flips the bottle over and I'm like WOAH :O I'm glad he gave us the samples cause now I can try them out really well before knowing if I want to buy it or not! The sales man actually showed me the Ginzing moisturizer and it sounded amazing, but I have dry skin and as soon as I said that he was like NOPE! not for you, haha! It looked amazing though!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I cannot BELIEVE how generous that guy was at Origins!!! What an awesome thing for you and your mom :) I absolutely swear by Origins masks so I hope that you like what you got from them! They may be pricey but they know what they're doing ;)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she was so happy (and slightly insulted. She thought he was giving it to her because her circles were so bad, LOL) I've been ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with both! My skin is just like NOM, NOM feed me Origins, haha! I can totally handle pricey when a company knows what they're doing and their products work! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)