Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe

// Across The Universe in different lightings \\
Holy hot goodness! Is probably what you are thinking when you see this polish! I bought it when I was naughty last week and got it before my wish list even went up. Oups. But can you blame?! Look at the gorgeous glitter and sparkle? Sorry for the like KABLOO of pictures but each one showed some hidden layer within the color so I thought it was in your best reading pleasure to add them all! I should probably state the name, haha! This Deborah Lippmann's Across The Universe glitter polish that retails for $18. I didn't even think twice. The price is insane, I know, but so is this polish! The base of this polish is a jelly-like navy color and it's jam packed with blue and green hexagonal glitters; along with oceanic blue micro glitters. In all these pictures I used three coats of polish along with a base and top coat. A lot of the time bloggers will penalize a polish for needing more than two coats. I used three because I wanted a really deeply opaque nail. With two coats the coverage was opaque as well but the third coat really makes it stand out and gets people to take notice! I have no complaints about formulation and as always the glitters in this polish, as with all Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes, work with you instead of against you! I'm adding this color to my collection of Mermaid/Sea themed nail polishes. Such a beauty to behold and ugh, the glass packaging just adds a cherry on top of this gorgeous sundae!

What do you lovelies think? Would you snag it or pass it?

9 comments:

  1. I would definitely SNAG IT. Such a beautiful glitter polish and I like how you don't need a base underneath it! x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG seriously! An extra coat of the same polish makes it so worth it if you don't have to use a base! :D

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! I really cant bring myself to buy a lippman polish though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I get it. But once you take the plunge you want them all!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow that's pretty awesome, I wish I didn't have to consider money or this would be mine haha!

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How amazing is that nail polish!! I need this in my life! No double about it!

    Love Becky xxx
    http://bjt92.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *doubt. Apologies, the excitement muddled my brain! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a beautiful colour. I wish we done these polishes here, I've never seen them anywhere in person!x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted this for sooo long! D:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)