Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mermaid Perfume

Today is an exciting day here on The Mod Mermaid. 'Why?' you ask. Well because today I'll be telling you about and reviewing products from a company called Mermaid Perfume. YES. The Mod Mermaid is reviewing MERMAID. PERFUME. A few days ago I was contacted by Mermaid Perfume and was kindly asked if I'd be interested in reviewing their products. Just try to imagine my excitement because as you guys may or may not know, I'm obsessed with anything related to mermaids. These lovely products arrived at my door step and I tore through the box unable to contain my curiosity! 

I received three items and each one was individually wrapped with bubble wrap, which was great because it meant that none of my products came damaged! I love the simplistic design of the stickers placed on the products. I'll be honest and say that I expected something blue or green but something about the pastel coral and gold just work so much better and makes it look more sophisticated. The scent of all three products is the same but they each vary in strength. The Mermaid Perfume website describes it as "Mysterious. Romantic. Ethereal." and the fragrance is supposed to be of orange blossom flowers. I'm not exactly sure what orange blossom flowers smell like but the scent of these products is indeed very romantic and it's also very floral (orange blossom flowers, duh Jess! haha). I know scents are very personally to the individual and I can definitely see someone either really loving it or not at all. I, personally, really liked the scent of it and got compliments from my sister and a single person in my school who smelled it on me, aha! The way I describe it is it smells like "a very chic perfume of a woman who lives on the upper west side by Central Park" Picture this woman and you will probably picture this scent! The scent is floral, to say the least, but a very "grown-up" and clean floral. Scratch and sniff would come in handy right about now. 

Now on to the products themselves. Like I said, they all have the same scent but the strength on each differs and the products themselves are different:
  • Mermaid Perfume Rollerball | The rollerball contains 1/8 of an ounce fragrance. The scent is the strongest in the rollerball. I applied it to my wrists and neck and could still smell it about 5 hours later. (Well, I couldn't really smell my neck, but you get me!) I'm guessing this is due to the fact that the rollerball contains 100% perfume oil. Also, a good amount of product comes out in one "roll". Usually with rollerballs I find you have to tip it over and roll a good amount before a decent amount of perfume applies!
  • Mermaid Perfume Spray | The spray contains 2 oz. of fragrance and it's my favorite of the bunch! I love the glass bottle with the long gold top and their beautiful sticker on the front. It's currently looking pretty on my new floating shelf. The fragrance strength in this spray doesn't last as long as the rollerball. It lasts for maybe 3.5 hours before it starts to fade out. The cap, although very beautiful, is a bit tricky to remove. You have to sort of turn and pull because it doesn't just pop off.
  • Mermaid Candle | The candle contains 7 oz of product. The wax is 100% chemical free vegetable soy wax and the wick is 100% cotton. The Mermaid Perfume site says that this candle is supposed to have a 60 hour burn time. I had this puppy lit from 12 - 7 on Monday and I've barely made a dent! This candle was strange because the scent throw wasn't very strong at first (I was sitting right by it and couldn't smell it) and then out of nowhere I could smell it one floor down in my living room! It's not an overpowering scent (if it was my mom and sister would not have let me burn it for 7 hours straight!) and it sort of brought some nice light and warmth to my room
The products by Mermaid Perfume are fantastic and I'm really glad I enjoy the scent! The packaging is simplistic, yet looks very elegant and something you'd want to keep out on a shelf! My only gripe with these products is their cost! Each product retails for $50. Now I know I'm no Sally Saver (I just made that up) but that seems a tad expensive to me. I know I wouldn't be able to justify buying all three of these product but if you guys are intereseted in the scent and can only justify one of these beauts then I'd totally go for the Perfume Spray. The staying power is good and the packaging is gorgeous! The scent is lovely, romantic, and floral. I do sort of feel like a mermaid every time I spray this on myself. I wish there was a way for you guys to actually have a sniff! I'm impressed with it all (except the price could be a wee bit better, hehe!) and am so glad I finally got to share it with you all!

If you guys are interested you can find these products on the Mermaid Perfume website, www.mermaidperfume.com
So what are your thoughts fellow mermaid-ians (wot sort of word did I just invent)? Can you envision the scent? I hope so :)

19 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I wish someone made penguin perfume... I'm glad you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that would be amazing! I think there are some companies out there that let you mix your own scents and then name the perfume! You could create Penguin Perfume! :D

      Delete
  2. Awww thats so lovely of them to contact you to try out the perfumes, especially because of the name!

    They sound gorgeous, I'd love to try them, but simply cannot afford those prices :(
    However I can just imagine the scent of them from your words, and you're photo's are gorgeous. Great review!!

    Laura xx
    www.laurasallmadeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes a perfect fit!

      Yeah, they're not in everyone's budgets, but they are lovely! I'm glad you can imagine the scent because whilst I was writing the review I was wishing for scratch and sniff. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to have to take a peek at the candle as I have a huge obsession with candles and this one looks so pretty and seems to last a long time! Love your blog

    India xx

    callofbeautyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! If you love candles, you'll love this one! & then you can reuse the glass jar and box it came with it! :)

      Delete
  4. Ah these look amazing! I'm semi- mermaid obsessed too (when i was six, I was pretty positive I WAS a mermaid...) so I think I need to check these out!

    xo
    aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mermaids are just beautiful and magical, it's totally understandable to be even 1% obsessed! You should def. check these out, the mermaid in you won't be able to resist! :)

      Delete
  5. That's such a great match for you Jess!! It makes me wonder if someone will ever make a "thrift" perfume and ask me to try it... though I can't say I would be too excited to use it, knowing as well as I do what thrift stores smell like haha.

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I'm not sure you'd want to smell like a thrift store, haha! Esp. the ones that try to cover up the "vintage" scent and put potpourri everywhere! LOL, have you ever been to a thrift shop that did that? It's awful.

      Delete
  6. The candle looks and sounds lush! I do love a good candle x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish there was a scratch and sniff online! I would love to see what the scent is like! They really need to hurry up with this invention :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll just have to go ahead and invent it! It would make perfume/scent based product posts much more efficient and useful!

      Delete
  8. Orange blossom flowers sounds lovely, reminds me of the Jo Malone fragrance :) That's so cool that the scents are named so close to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that aspect, haha! Such a fit <3
      & I've never smelled orange blossom flowers before but people seem to love it :)

      Delete
  9. Wow these sound like the absolute perfect products for you. The scent sounds really nice, orange blossom flower scents are lovely.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)