Friday, March 29, 2013

YSL | Rouge Volupte Lipsticks

Hey there lovelies! Today I'm here to share with you a very amazing, and quite luxurious, brand of lipstick. They are the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipsticks. Each one is $34 a pop which yes, sounds quite expensive, it is, but oh my lanta is it worth it. I'll go step by step with this one and start with the packaging. The golden packaging is just so elegant. It's what I imagine a very wealthy fashionista keeping on her vanity. I love the small detailing in the middle of the tube with the gorgeous YSL logo. I also love that the color of the lipstick is represented within that detailing. It makes it so easy to see the color and that way you're not digging through all of them (all of two for me, haha!) to find the color you need! 

The lipsticks, of course, roll up to reveal stunning shades. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the shades in the range. I have two of the more bold shades; Rose Paris 27 (a Valentine's gift from my boyfriend from a year ago) and Forbidden Burgundy 12 (a treat to myself and coupons were had). Rose Paris is a bright coral that's more on the pinky side. It's an amazing shade for the summer time! Forbidden Burgundy is a deep plum shade that's the perfect vampy shade to where in the fall and the winter. The formulation of both is stunningly pigmented and they radiate color. Is that a strange way to describe it? Both glide on so smoothly and are opaque in just one swipe. I love that they're moisturizing, creamy and they leave a luminous shine on the lips. The color lasts for ages and you can barely feel it on your lips. 

The Rouge Volupte lipsticks do have a scent to them and I think it's the most pleasant smell you could give a lipstick. It smells sweet like a fruit, but softly. It doesn't last on my lips  (boo!) and it doesn't irritate either (hooray!) so that shouldn't be too, too bad for those sensitive to scents! The only other downfall is that because the color is so glossy and creamy it has a tendency to slip and slide. I recommend not eating or drinking anything for the first 15 minutes to allow the lipstick to set because if not, it'll transfer to EVERYTHING. Tiny downfall that can be fixed with a bit of patience, but still a downfall!

I still want to get Rose Culte 11 which is a vivid fuchsia color but it's sold out everywhere I go! I have yet to swatch it on myself but I can almost guarantee it'll be a color I love. The YSL Rouge Volupte's are pricey but the elegance, fantastic pigmentation and lasting power make it a lipstick worth treating yourself to! I hope to be treating myself to another one soon as these are one of my absolute favorite lipsticks!
Would you treat yourself to a Rouge Volupte? Have you already? What shades do you love?

32 comments:

  1. That berry shade is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah these are soooooo gorgeous! I'm so jealous! I've wanted to try these for forever, but the price always scares me away :/ But I think Rose Paris is seriously gorgeous!

    AND CONGRATS ON 400 FOLLOWERS!!!

    Xo
    aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited for a coupon on one and had a gift card for the other! I don't know if I'd ever be fully comfortable paying the hefty price tag myself!

      THANK YOU :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I got it when I was just obsessed with corals :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! The shades are SO pretty! Pretty much the perfect summer and the perfect winter shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's what I was trying to go for :) I should probably try a neutral color!

      Delete
  5. I hate you so much for this post. SO. MUCH. I have wanted one of these lipsticks since forever and now you have just reignited my lust for them hrnnnnngggggg. If only I had $34 to put towards a lipstick right now, the colors you have look so gorgeous T__T

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wait for a gift card or coupon! $34 is such a huuuuuge amount for a lipstick, well worth it, but it hurts the eyes to look at, haha! Thank you :) I want more pretty colors!

      Delete
  6. They are both absolutely gorgeous colours. I really want one, but could I really spend that amount of money on them? I don't know...maybe I should. I've been eyeing these up for quite a while though!x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. If only we could get the luxury without the scary price tag! If you ever get a gift card and there's a shade you're truly, truly dying for I'd say go for it! They're absolutely lovely! xx

      Delete
  7. #12 looks so scary in the tube.. but the swatch of it is just gorgeous!!!
    I blame you for this ;)
    xx
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I thought it was going to be more vampy but love that's its more berry :)

      Delete
  8. I've always wanted to get one of these lipsticks but they're just so pricey! The packaging is what really draws me to them. They look super pigmented too :) Not sure if I'd be a fan of their creaminess though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the creaminess would bother you than I'd pass and maybe try the Rouge Pur instead. It's something to get used to that's for sure! And yeah, the packaging is spectacular!

      Delete
  9. Woah! I need Forbidden Burgundy like NOW! I've always wanted to take the YSL lipstick plunge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read this comment and then looked back at the swatch and all that came to mind was "This is such a Coco shade!" You'd love it!

      Delete
  10. I need both of them shades, they're beautiful!

    majellarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both really lovely shades! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    Enter my giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg that dark lipstick is BEAUTIFUL! it definitely looks worth the money to me! can't believe i only just found your blog, its great x

    dressedinvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The look and feel of it all makes it well worth the money!
      Awh thanks! :) Glad to have you here! xx

      Delete
  13. The packaging for those is simply to die for, expensive but hey, every girl deserves a little bit of luxury in their life right? :P

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love Love Love YSL make up! It always stays on my skin and feels beautiful.
    Definitely Worth the money.
    Thank you for the post.
    Love
    Gemma
    http://skullsandblacklace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)