Monday, April 1, 2013

March Favorites

Happy April! April is an exciting month because as soon as it's over my birthday happens (and my birthday is like a National Holiday to me) and then it means classes are THIS close to being out for the summer! Woo! But before we can enjoy April and all the showers it will spring upon (pun intented!) I have some March favorites to share with you! There aren't many and I seriously stretched to remember what I loved in the month of March because beauty and wearing makeup were not top on my list because of school stress. Regardless, I picked just my absolute favorites and that got some good use this month! Here we go:
  • Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks | I won't get into too detailed of a review on these because that will be coming up quite soon but these are part of Maybelline's Color Sensational collection and true to name the color pigmentation and shades are sensational! The Vivids line has the most gorgeous neon colors and I love them so much I want to get a few more!
  • NARS Orgasm Blush | This blush has been the only blush I've reached for this month. It's not even remotely warm outside just yet but I've still started to embrace the golden and glowy skin. This blush is a gorgeous coral-pink color that gives a nice flush of color and the gold sheen throughout leaves a nice youthful flow on the cheeks.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent | I bought this powder as a 'limbo' powder for while I'm between powders (powder, powder, powder) but I'm pleasantly pleased with it! Whenever I could be bothered to put foundation on it smoothed the look of it and did a nice job of keeping it put all day. Most of the time I just buffed this into my skin without foundation and what made this a favorite was that it toned down the redness of my face. Even after I burned it in Cancun, haha! I wasn't quite sure about this powder at first but I quite like it :)
  • Ralph Lauren Big Pony 2 Rollerball | Out of all the Big Pony perfumes by Ralph Lauren 2 is the best. It's the perfect mix of floral and fruity. The scent is amazing but the reason it's my favorite is because whenever I had to pull all nighters and everything I had to do was about to send me into an anxiety attack this scent would just calm me down. I don't know why, I honestly don't! I would put a little on my wrists and then behind my ear and I'd instantly calm down a bit. Maybe it was just the ritual of it, but I def. had to share this a favorite because it got me through March!
  • Swarovksi Starfish Earrings | I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned these in a favorite or what not post but here they are! They are my Starfish earrings. Readers new and old can probably guess why I love these earrings. They are cute little starfishes and I cherish them. Even when my hair is down people manage to see them and compliment me on them so they must be doing something right, haha!
  • Radioactive by Imagine Dragons | This song is just .... EVERYTHING. I cannot stop listening to it. It's all I've been listening to. I want to choreographer a fist-pounding-floor dance to it. I'm already planning a tutorial that's so epic only this song would be appropriate. I found this on tumblr and thought it expressed my feeling for this song to a T.

Not a whole lot of favorites for March, hopefully there'll be some exciting products to include and share next month considering IMATS is this weekend! Super exciting!

Have you tried any of the products above? What did you think? What's your absolute favorite of March?

18 comments:

  1. That comment you found on tumblr is absolutely fantastic. And I'm uploading my March favorites to YouTube as we speak :D

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fantastic it makes me mad I didn't think of it, haha! Ah, watched it! You make me want FakeUP! Dang you ...

      Delete
  2. I'm completely obsessed with Imagine Dragons too! I just saw them live in February in Orlando and if you ever get a chance... See them live!! Radioactive live is a completely different experience from listening to the recorded version- it's PERFECTION. They put on a FANTASTIC show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that would be something! I'll def. see if they're going to play near me anytime soon cause I would LOVE to see them. Their music is amazeballs!

      Delete
  3. Must find those LE Vivids! They look intimidating in the bullet but the formula just sounds amazing so I must try them! Maybe if I slap on a bright lip the sun will continue to come out haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're already up in the permanent fixtures at like EVERY drugstore I go to! Go get 'em! :) They're bright and awesome, and yeah I hope they make the sun come out, haha!

      Delete
  4. I JUST discovered It's Time .. I'm so late on the Imagine Dragon train. I loved that you included the tumblr post because that literally made me LOL! I even saved the picture for when I need a laugh... really. LOL x

    XO Jenny @ beautykissxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to, I couldn't not as it eloquently (LOL) said what I couldn't!

      Delete
  5. Great choices! I also have been surprisingly impressed with the Rimmel Stay Matte in transparent. I was hooked to the Maybelline Dream Matte powder for so long and when I couldn't find my shade, I got the Rimmel instead. Great for setting undereye concealer too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I found it's really good for that, too! I'm actually surprised at how well it keeps it put and from creasing :)

      Delete
  6. Still lusting after NARS orgasm but I can't make my mind up between this one and Deep Throat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Deep Throat, but Orgasm appeals to me a lot more because of the shimmer/sheen. I'd get Deep Throat and then get one of the waaaaay cheaper alternatives of Orgasm if you're super intrigued!

      Delete
  7. I've been hearing a lot of good things about those Sensational lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because they are sensational! (punny) :)

      Delete
  8. I've read a lot about the new vivid lipsticks and the swatches I've seen really do look wonderful! I haven't tried them yet (mainly due to a ridiculous backlog of lip products) but they are reaaally tempting me. I also love that you included a song in your favourites, I'll definitely be searching for it on youtube :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging and just the fact that they are bright and neon would tempt loads, you're not alone, haha! I'm still searching for more shades :D & yes, I'm so glad! Radioactive is too good to NOT share!

      Delete
  9. Orgasm and Stay Matte. So good, they are in my everyday makeup routine and rarely ever leave the lineup!!
    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orgasm seriously never leaves my routine 10 months out of the year. Which is going to make 'favorites' posts/videos rather boring, haha!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)