Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Collective Haul | Sephora, Bath & Body Works, Bobbi Brown, and Macadamia Natural Oil

Happy, slappy Tuesday, y'all! It's the end of April today if I'm not mistaken! Which to most is a signal of 1/3 of the year coming to a close but to me it means MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 2 DAYS! I know, I know, you're tired of hearing about it. By the end of the week you won't have to hear about it again till next year ... or unless I post a haul of goodies I got, LOL. Speaking of hauls, I have a collective one to share with you all today! I've been shopping a bit here and there for some essentials and not so essentials, haha. Sephora was having their VIB sale at the beginning of the month and I took that as an opportunity to get a full-size Urban Decay Naked Skin BB after loving and squeezing out every last drop from my baby-size sample. Since I ran out of my MAC MSF a while back I figured it was time to try a new setting powder. Originally I was going to go for NARS Light Reflecting Powder but my friend Julia recommended Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Powder, which she said is a great setting powder for drier skin as it has some ingredient that keeps moisture on your face. I don't know, but I was sold and got it! Reviews on both of these are coming to a blog post near you so stay tuned! I also got my Sephora birthday perk which is a mini sample of Benefit's They're Real (love this mascara, and I'm so glad I've never had to purchase it as it always, always comes as a sample somewhere) and a mini Benefit's WattsUp highlighter, which I actually reviewed once and wasn't a big fan of it. 

Bobbi Brown was also having a super exciting Friends & Family 20% off sale that my mom took FULL advantage of. Seriously, if Bobbi Brown makes it, my mom 100% wants it, haha! She kindly asked if I'd like anything (no doubt trying to spread the Bobbi Brown joy she is feeling) and I said no until I played with one of their lipglosses in a Sephora one night out. I ended up getting Bobbi Brown's High Shimmer Gloss in Bellini. It's such a gorgeous, everyday lipgloss with hints of silver and gold shimmers. I'm not a lip gloss gal, at all, but this one has virtually no stick to it. It's not goopy and you can barely feel it on your lips which I LOVE.

Then my ever so lovely mother surprised me with some sweet treat from Bath & Body Works after I dropped my *not-so* subtle hints about wanting some new candles. She picked up the Strawberry, Market Peach, and a baby Espresso candles (which btw, makes my entire room smell like a coffee shop!) I, like every other blogger/vlogger, love me some Bath & Body Works candles! They have the best scent throw and some of the most delicious scents I've ever sniffed! I didn't even have the heart to blow out Market Peach whilst taking these photos!

Last, but not least, are my Macadamia Natural Hair goodies that I managed to find in my Stop N' Shop (for cheaper, too!) I've been on the search for some hair products that would make my frizzy, poofy, dry, and curly hair look like I actually managed to do something with the mess. Macadamia products are raved and raved about on the blog-o-sphere and after some recommendations I bit the bullet (have you seen the price?!) and got myself the shampoo and conditioner. Well I THOUGHT I got the conditioner, turns out it's the leave in conditioner, haha! Woopsie. Still testing both of these out and the Leave-In conditioner is actually quite nice so I've decided to keep it. We'll see how I get on with them and then I'll be sure to put up my own review on the ever so hyped hair goods!
What do you lovelies think? Anything here that you've tried? What have you recently hauled? 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my god I love every single thing.. that Bobbi Brown gloss looks so beautiful, the Market Peach candle sounds amazing and I love love love the whole Macadamia Oil range <3 Just a litttttttle bit jealous hehe xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to try the macadamia shampoo and conditioner. I have the deep conditioning masque and its really good. It air dries my naturally curly hair looking pretty nice! Also smells amazing! And I have been into Tarte lately so that powder sounds like something I want to try! Especially since the skin on my face is super dry! I recently hauled a few drug store items from NYX. Ulta had them for 40% off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those candles looks amazing and the Macadamia brand is my favorite haircare ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of all the amazing stores you have in the states! I love the macadamia range its just so so pricey! xx

    http://styleandplsurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Bath and Body Works candles sound incredible! Unfortunately I like in the UK so I miss them ALOT. Espresso Bar sounds just like my kind of scent. My favourite from there is actually Black Pepper Bergamot..you should try it next time :)

    htto://mapetiteinfini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a sample of the Tarte setting powder. I love it for under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ughhhh Jess you got SO MANY GOOD THINGS. You are making me want to buy everything... all of the things... but I must refrain. Well, maybe just one candle... or two... ughhhhhh. I can't wait to hear about the Macadamia products from you more in depth because all I hear about them is that they're AH-mazing (I need a little more input than that to make a purchase haha).

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, I get WAY to overexcited about birthdays too! And I love the look of every single thing you talked about!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd really like to try the Urban Decay BB cream and the market peach candle sounds amazing!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear I can smell Market Peach through my screen! I would kill to have Bath & Body Works in my country.

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would literally wear/use ALL of this. I've promised myself to stop spending but I kinda need all of this now haha. The espresso candle smells amazing!xx

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, the candles look like they smell like heaven! I also received the Benefit gift from Sephora for my birthday, loved it!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Expresso candle from BBW! It is delicious and makes me want to drink coffee all the time haha. I also picked up my Sephora birthday present this week. I am loving the Benefit They're Real mascara =)

    Love your blog! New follower! Would love for you to check out mine!
    xoxo, Des
    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh you picked up some fab things, love the sound of the espresso candle, I love the smell of coffee. I have a mini size of the macadamia shampoo so I'm excited to try it :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! I adore Market Peach, I'm so close to finish it and I really don't want to :( makes my house smell amazing! I also want to try the espresso one, sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love Market Peach! One of their best candles for sure!! Great post!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)