Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Maybelline | ColorSensational Vivids

Hey there, hi there! I think it was about time I reviewed these beauts as I raved about them little by little when I hauled them and then in my last month's favorites. The Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids line is amazing. So amazing that I'll go so far as to say they're maybe the best line of lipsticks the drugstore has to offer (for the spring and summer, at least!) All the colors in this particular range are bright and vibrant hues of pinks, purple, oranges, and reds! All of them are right up my alley and those who are ready to embrace the neon trend for spring/summer! I think the crazy bright red packaging was perfect to represent the amazingness that awaits you inside. 

I ended up picking up two colors, although I could have easily walked away with them all! I got Shocking Coral which, like the name suggests, is a bright coral! It's almost like NARS Orgasm in a lipstick form (only a tad more bright!) I also got Vivid Rose which is a gorgeous (GORGEOUS!) pinky red! I used to think I loved blue based reds but there's something so fun about reds that have a little bit of pink sass to them! The only reason I didn't get more is because I have so many brights that some shades offered were really close dupes to ones I already had and I was trying to be good! The color pay off is sensational (pun, most definitely intended!) It's glides smoothly onto the lips and leaves opaque color in just one swipe. I love that these are such bright colors, yet not drying! They leave a sheen on the lips and while I know some beauties adore matte brights, I personally love them more when they have a little shine and moisture to them. It makes it easier to wear because you can barely feel it on your lips.

If you love wearing brights and bold lip colors I'd tell you to definitely check out this line of colors! They're going to be amazing and so much fun to wear when the weather starts to warm up. Even if you're not totally comfortable wearing such vivid colors just yet I'd say check them out anyway! You can dab this lightly on your lips so the color is bright but a sheer wash of it! You'll ease your way in to the full beautifulness of it all! These lipsticks get a big ol' two thumbs up from me! I may get some more if I'm feeling cheeky and want more of these red lipstick tubes lying around in my collection!
What do you think of the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids? 
Are you a fan of the neon/brights for spring and summer? 
Which of these could you see yourself wearing?

22 comments:

  1. Love both of those colours on you :) I'm wondering whether I should've picked up Vivid Rose - was debating between that and Hot Plum. It's such a pretty pinky-red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivid Rose is gorgeous but so is Hot Plum! I feel like I would've just gotten both, hah!

      Delete
  2. these are gorgeous! just waiting for them to be released in the UK (which I bet will take a year -____-)
    Love the colours on you!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've already been released but I heard the color selection is smaller (but they have Shocking Coral!!!) & thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. Both of these colours are amazing. I've never tried any of the Vivids collection but this really tempts me!

    http://mapetiteinfini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous collection of colors and def. worth a look!

      Delete
  4. Those are both really pretty colours. I've heard so many amazing things about these lipsticks that I think I'm going to have to buy one!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're going to have to! ;) They're amazing!

      Delete
  5. These are definitely going to be my go to lipsticks from now on.The formula and color range is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been my go to lipsticks as well! Can't believe how long they last!

      Delete
  6. Hrrrrnngggggg stop tempting me!!! I've held off on these for so long but they keep popping up on people's blogs... must... resist... temptation...

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ... resist ... temptation ... don't! ;)

      Delete
  7. I NEEEED the shocking Coral :D So beautiful

    http://paulinaspassions.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DO :) You'll get your fair wear of it!

      Delete
  8. These are so pretty on you Jess! I thought I was going to pick up Vivid Rose, but seeing your lip swatches, I think Shocking Coral is actually more of what I want! Awesome post Jess!

    xo, aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aly! Awh yay! I'm glad you were able to see you liked Shocking Coral more. Stinks we can't swatch in the stores :/

      Delete
  9. I'm all about bring lips as soon as spring arrives, so these definitely sound exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra you'll love them! Hope you get your hands on some :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh I'm definitely going to pick up shocking coral, such a pretty colour :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I feel like coral will always be in for spring :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)