As many of you lovely readers know, last weekend I went to this magical event called IMATS. I talk about my experience in this post right here so if you want to see how I liked it (LOVED it) and some snaps from the event itself. Today's post is all about my haul and I have to say it's a pretty impressive and exciting haul; my best one yet! For some reason there was so much more to find at this year's IMATS or maybe I was just more open to trying new brands because I came away with a hefty haul (hefty, hefty, hefty!) With not much else to say, here's what I got from IMATS!
- INGLOT | I got a two-pan eye shadow palette and two eyeshadows to put in it. The coral/orange shade is 407 and the deep plum/purple is 446. I thought these colors would look really nice together in an eye look for a summer night and if not, they're totally gorgeous on their own!
- Hakuhodo | I couldn't resist leaving this booth without something. These are the softest brushes that I've ever touched and I'm really happy my mom was generous enough buy me a blush brush (I don't have any, gasp*) and one from Hakuhodo no less! I still don't have the cajones to use it. It's too awesome!
- Morphe | Funnily enough I didn't get any brushes at Morphe, although I should have because I heard they were seriously cheap. No, I ended up getting make up removing wipes that smell like apricots. Boy, oh boy, they really do smell like apricots! They'll be fun "summer" wipes, haha!
- Lit Cosmetics | I'm going to curse right now. I lost my shit at this booth. All the glitters were just so overwhelmingly beautiful! I was pretty sure I was only going to get one glitter at this booth but no. I walked away with a Lit Kit (came with two brushes, a huge fan, a duster, and liquid glitter base) and SIX, yes, SIX glitters! I would have walked away with more but I need something to look forward to buying next year, haha! The colors I ended up getting were Margarita, Nightlife, California Soul, Peacock, Cowgirl, and Soul Sister. You can see the colors more clearly in my video below!
- Jesse's Girl Cosmetics | I really wanted to get nail polishes at this booth to stock my personal collection with colors I didn't already have but I felt guilty after getting a Hakuhodo brush and then SIX glitters. So I ended up getting 3 nail polishes instead of my intended 6. The colors are Mermaids Tale, Oh Em Gee, and Cupcakes & Castles.
- Hawaiin Moon Aloe | I left this product out of my video because I rambled on and on about it in a way that was un-editable. Basically this is a cream that is 100% aloe that's also paraben free and free of any fancy minerals and oils. It's meant to be used as a hand, body, and face cream to really rejuvenate the skin and get the circulation going. It's amazing stuff and my new moisturizer! I had a severe reaction from a facial I got earlier that week and it managed to clear all my spots in a 48 hours. To say I am impressed would be an understatement! This big bottle is going to last m a very long time!
- Ardell | The Ardell booth was the scariest of them all but I did manage to get the lashes I wanted. One of the pairs was for my mom, another for my sister and the last two were for me. The ones I chose were a pair called 'Romantic' that has crisscrossed lashes and little dabs of glitter on them (of course) and then this really beautiful pair called, well, 'Beautiful' that had lashes of different sizes (they look like little empire state buildings) and then two sets of three-triangle rhinestones on each corner. I really want to wear these to Disney World because they remind me of Mickey Mouse!
- Alcone | At the Alcone booth I was hoping to get a Beauty Blender but they were sold out. I ended up just getting a Large Black Z-Palette so my depotted Urban Decay 15th Anniversary shadows finally have somewhere to go (they've been sort of laying around since I depotted them, haha!)
So that's all I got at IMATS NYC this year! I'm really pleased with every single thing I got and that I finally hauled and share with you all because it means I can go play with them now! I'm already looking forward to next year and if next year's haul is half as good as this one I'll be a delighted peach! Reviews of all these products will be coming soon so make sure to stay tuned for those!
Have a great weekend!