Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NOTD | 'Geeked' Out for IMATS

If you guys don't follow me on twitter you probably haven't totally picked up on how stoked I am that IMATS is this weekend. I've already half planned my outfit and done my nails out of sheer excitement so I thought I'd share them with you today! Over the the weekend I went to see the movie Spring Breakers with my dude friends and Rico Suave and while that movie was just the weirdest spit I've ever seen, I managed to get some nail-spiration. Vanessa Hudgens sported a two-nail accent manicure (you couldn't miss it as she kept forming a gun with her hands to fake shoot things) and for some reason it stood out to me. It looked really cool! Her index finger and thumb were accented in one color and the rest were painted in another! The shirt I'm wearing to IMATS is my GEEK shirt from TopShop so I pulled the blue and maroon colors as inspiration. I used Essie's Turquoise & Caicos for the blue and the Free Press Power Plum for the maroon shade. I didn't have an exact color match for the maroon, but it was close! I'm really happy with the end result. I feel very cool (which is so lame that it makes me uncool, but whatever!!! hahaha) I can't wait to sport these nails with my complete outfit at IMATS, swatching and handing over credit cards and cash in exchange for awesome new toys! (Beauty products are my toys, shhh!)

I'm just honestly so excited for IMATS! It's the second most wonderful time of the year ... okay, third, (holidays, my birthday, IMATS ...). I'll probably have nothing to tweet about once it's over which is sad, but oh well! I also did the IMATS tag, which was really fun (although I recommend you lower your volume, my voice gets a tad squeaky from the get go) and I'd love it if you guys would watch it! 



Have any of you lovelies ever gone to IMATS? Would you ever to go?

19 comments:

  1. I am super excited about it! I can't wait :) I will say hello if I spot you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just 4 more days! That'd be awesome :)
      If we don't see each other, I hope you have a really fun time!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awh, thanks very much! I'm loving the color combo, too!

      Delete
  3. Your nails are so cute Jess! I heard Spring Breakers was really weird too, kinda weird since I didn't think it would be when they first announced the cast. Weird! And I am so excited to one day be able to go to IMATS! One day ;)

    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aly! I was expecting it to be just one big Spring version of Project X, haha. Oh my lanta, it's not. Such a strange, strange movie ...
      I hope one day you do come so I can 1.) meet you and 2.) you can experience it, because it's awesome!

      Delete
  4. Such lovely colours, I loved how you matched it with your top! Geek!

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think the fact that I matched the color to my top makes me a geek, indeed! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. The torquiose is so pretty :)
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your nails match the shirt, great color picks! Especially the Essie one!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so lucky to have had colors super similar, haha!

      Delete
  7. The GEEK shirt! Ugh! You living in NYC makes me super jealous, mainly because you have Topshop and you can buy things like that shirt. Wah.

    xx,
    beautymunson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I was very happy for that fact too! But you can totally get it online! I can vouch that it's super comfy and well worth the ridiculous price that I don't want to remember, haha! Besides, in the store they only had the cropped ones, at least online they have all the colors and all the styles :)

      Delete
  8. I love the nails they are so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love painting my nails in that manner! I've picked up that style last autumn while watching a TV series! It's funny that I also wrote about my nails before reading your article :D Love your combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice! I think it'll be a while before I STOP painting my nails like this, haha! Thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  10. Ohh, I really love the two accent nails look!!! I'm so jealous of you going to IMATS ahhh. I was just in New York a few days ago. If only I had stayed longer!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should have stayed longer! It's so much fun, you could've gotten so much more INGLOT, haha!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)