Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Polishes Any Mermaid Would Love

The best thing about being one of the few mermaid (don't argue with me and just let me believe!) bloggers is that I get to bring you mermaid themed posts, which are my absolute favorite to come up with and write! I've only written one other that I can remember (a gift guide for the Merfolk in your life which you can find here) and you guys seemed to enjoy it. So today I'm bringing you guys a list of some of my very favorite and very best 'mermaid' polishes. Personally I could wear these colors all year round, that's just me, but these polishes would also be great to wear for the warmer seasons! The six colors I chose, I chose because they reminded me of mermaids, the ocean, or the beach. Without further ado, here they are:
:: Deborah Lippman's Across The Universe ::
This polish always made me think of the little lagoons you find at the beach. With the dark navy base, big green glitters, and smaller blue shimmers it looks like the ocean at night. Pair it with a black polish as a base and the result will be absolutely stunning!

:: Sephora by OPI Mermaid to Order ::
This polish reminds me of the scales on a mermaid tail. The blue-teal polish is metallic and reflects light beautifully. This was my first 'mermaid' polish and I used to wear it every single day!

:: Julie G Nail Color Mermaid's Tale ::
Mermaid's Tale is the newest edition to my mermaid polish collection and I'm already in love with it! One the nails this color has some serious shine to it and looks like the shimmering water of the ocean. The base of this color is blue but when light reflects on it you can see green glimmering through the blue.

:: Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream :: 
I just noticed that I've used up half of this nail polish. WOT?! Anyway, this polish is gorgeous, stunning, and totally worth it's $18-$19 price tag. The way the seafoam green base was paired with the blue/green shimmer just reflects the epitome of what a mermaid's nail polish should be. It dries textured and looks just like you'd imagine a mermaid's tale to look like from afar.

:: Essie Turquoise & Caicos ::
This polish is the mint/teal color that every beauty girl goes searching for when the weather starts to get warm. It's a no non-sense color that's fun to pair with other brighter colors. It simple yet always reminds me of the super clear ocean water you see in pictures of islands (def. not the water where I live!)

:: Sephora by OPI Chest-nuts About You ::
Now you might be wondering why I included this nail polish shade in a post dominated by blues and greens. I almost didn't include it but every time I look at it I think of pink sandy beaches. The polish is metallic and a rose gold color. It applies smoothly but you still see little grains of shimmer that are just so reminiscent of the soft sand on beaches.
There you have it! Six polishes that are sure to remind you of majestic mermaids, beautiful ocean water, and sandy beaches. If anything, they'll just make you oh so excited for spring and summer when you'll actually be able to go to the beach! I hope some of you find a color in here you'll like and embrace your inner mermaid! If you have any polishes that remind you of mermaids please let me know! I'm always looking to add to my collection :)

Have a lovely Wednesday!

42 comments:

  1. Across the universe is so pretty! I also really like the name :) I do have one that is kind of in that same family. I will try to find it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are so many dupes for that color! I didn't know until i got it :) It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous colours i think mermaid to order is my fave :) Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mermaid colors are just mesmerizing esp. when they're metallic like that one :)

      Delete
  3. All of these are so pretty! Great collection(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I hope it keeps growing so I can do a Part 2! LOL :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow these polishes are just incredible! I always wanted to be a mermaid hehe! I love the look of both of the Deborah Lippman polishes.. eeeeeek they're amazing! xx


    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah Lippmann really nailed mermaid in polishes! & yes, I would love to be a mermaid, too. *sigh* LOL

      Delete
  5. Oh my god. OH MY GOD. So much love for this post though I definitely think you need to nab O.P.I.'s "Get Your Number" and add it to your mermaid polish list ;)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks Cassie!
      & OH MY. Yes I need it! I think I saw that in my Duane Reade and when I went back it wasn't there! AHHH!

      Delete
  6. My jaw dropped when I saw Mermaid's Dream! It's too pretty for me to handle! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah it has that effect on me, too! That's why it's half full now! It's so stunning!

      Delete
  7. Across the universe and mermaid's tale are my fave! Beautiful colours!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mermaid's Tale is just too much mermaid for me to handle, it's a quick favorite of mine too! xx

      Delete
  8. How fabulous are these nail polishes, the ultimate mermaid shades!! Love your blog and the name of it!!

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty dern fabulous if I do say so myself :)
      & thank you very much <3 xx

      Delete
  9. So many gorgeous colours, mermaid to order is definitely one of my favourites :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha love the theme. I also love those polishes. I don't follow that secret code of when you can wear certain colors. I like wearing neons in the dead of winter to lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Oh yeah, I don't have too many polishes to be able to stay on "season". It is really fun to wear a bright orange in the winter so that you can look at your nails and just remember the joys of summer :)

      Delete
  11. All of theme are so beautiful. I've been thinking about buying the Across the Universe polish for awhile now. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Esssie one is my favorite! So pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Across the universe looks amazing I NEED it in my life! Great picks very mermaid'y! xo

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow love love love how you've laid this! <3 so helpful to bear and to bear in mind!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  15. These are all gorgeous and definitely remind me of the ocean. I love how you painted them on paper and labeled them too, its helpful to se what they actually look like out of the bottle! Have a great day!

    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Nothing worse than seeing a gorgeous product but no swatch! As my nails are in awful condition (and there were six of them!) the paper seemed like a decent choice :) Hope you have a lovely day as well!

      Delete
  16. I love Across the Universe! How pretty?
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha love the title. You are cute :D Mermaid's Dream is so mermaid-y. I WANT!! xx

    Shang J.
    The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, shmucks, thanks =^.^=
      YOU NEED IT. It's the polish I will continue to recommend and repurchase for the rest of my life <3

      Delete
  18. I LOVE the mermaid posts!! They inspire me. Maybe I should start doing Disney posts. Specifically Beauty and The Beast ones, that's my thing. :) Chest-nuts About You is so beach appropriate! I've always wanted Across The Universe, you have no idea!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! You should TOTALLY do Disney posts. I would drool over all of them esp if you did Beauty & the Beast! & you should get Across The Universe, you won't regret it! If the price is too steep there are so many brands that do an exact dupe of the color for much cheaper! I think Sally Hansen has one :) xx

      Delete
  19. Mermaid to order and mermaids dream. YES. A million times over!!

    Thank you for linking me :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they're stunning!
      & no problem, glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  20. I love the idea of putting the nail polish on paper then writing the names on digitally. Beautiful! xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)