Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blogmas Day 6 | Mermaid Gift Guide!

Mermaid GIft Guide
This is probably going to be my favorite post that I've ever written up! As the holidays get closer and closer, hopefully you're Christmas gift lists for others are getting shorter and shorter! With all the amazing gift guides floating around the blog-o-sphere, you'll be set! But what about the merpeople in your life? Those friends that are completely enthralled with the ocean or just the color teal, and anything shiny?! Well, have no fear, because I bring to you all today the Mermaid Gift Guide. How do I know that anything on this list will make the merfolk in your happy? Simple. I, being The Mod Mermaid, either have these things or really, really, really want them! Without further ado, here it is!

1. Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powders ($25) 
These are perfect! They're really fine glitters that you can pat on top of any of your shadows to give them more pizazz, glitter, and shine! If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I'm seriously hoping someone gets me one of these for the holidays! The 303 patted on top of a teal shadow color makes it look like shimmering water! You can get these at your local Sephora or their online store!
2. Little Polly Mermaid iPhone Case ($28)
Is this not the cutest phone case ever? It's one of those things that makes my heart melt completely when I look at it! I found this on etsy in this shop: hicase. The case is made of crystals and the mermaid itself is actually so big. It's not the most practical phone case, but one I hope someone gifts me because it's just so adorable and I'm, of course, obsessed with it because it's a mermaid, haha! I dare you to not look at that picture and not smile. Couldn't do it, right? ;)
3. MAC Aquadisiac Eye Shadow ($15)
This eyeshadow color will be perfect for any make up fanatic in love with fun colors and blue/green color combos! Aquadisiac is gorgeous turquoise shade with a bit of shimmer (not crazy, though) because it is a lustre shadow. MAC shadows in general are highly pigmented and super blendable! Not sure if it's the most useful color in the winter, but they'll love having it in the spring/summer time and be glad you got it for them! I'll link you lovelies to Temptalia so you could take a look at a swatch of it! You can find this at a MAC store, counter, or online.
4. MAC So There Jade Powerpoint Eye Pencil ($15)
The epitome of a mint colored eye pencils! It's smooth and soft. It's a fun pop of color and light enough to help make your eyes look bigger and more awake! I talk more about in this post along with swatches! You can also find this liner at a MAC store, counter, or online!
5. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 23L ($18)
It's that perfect nude, champagne color to use in your water line to make your eyes look more awake, and bigger! I would have recommended a white liner, but mermaids are super natural creatures so the nude color seemed so much more appropriate! You can get this one at your local Sephora, or online.
6. Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream Nail Polish ($18)
This is my absolute, all around favorite nail polish. It is the best formula, the best color, and the best glitters! You have not lived until you've owned this polish. I'm already half way through with it which is saying a lot, considering I never make a dent in any nail polish. Click here for swatches!
7. NARS Miss Liberty Highlighter ($28)
I will be reviewing this quite soon for you all because I have dubbed it my "Mermaid Highlighter". It's a peachy blush color with so much simmer you'd think you were looking at a disco ball! Okay, maybe not a disco ball, but you get where I'm trying to go with this! It's such a gorgeous highlight for the cheek bones. It'll make them look like shimmering water, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's so gorgeous on! Anyone on your list who likes sparkle will love this, no question! Again, you can get this at Sephora, Sephora online, or the NARS website!
8. Swarovski Holly Starfish Earrings ($70)
These are bit more pricy but I can honestly say they are so worth the investment if you or anyone on your list have a soft spot for the sea and creatures that live in it. I bought mine on the cruise during my Alaskan trip. I wear them almost as often as my bow earrings and I treasure them because I feel like Aquamarine from the movie Aquamarine! Have any of you seen that movie? Her starfish earrings complemented anyone who wore them which was really cute :) They have them online on the Swarovski website.

I hope this was helpful in any way to all of you! Hopefully it makes your Christmas gift list shorter and your Christmas wish list longer! You don't have to love mermaids as much as I do to appreciate the sparkle and shine, blue/green wonderness of the gifts I chose! I'm sure there's something here for everyone, at least I hope so :)

Let me know what you lovelies think! Is there anything on this list that catches your eye? 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely choices! I love the Deborah Lippmann polish & the Nars highlighter :)

    Www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I am a mermaid, love it all, especially the Deborah Lipman polish!
    Simona
    Www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings look so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nail polish!!! Must-have! :)

    walkingthroughthecitystreets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this would have to be my favorite post you have done :) i love the phone case and aquadisiac is one of my very favorite MAC eyeshadows! great post!

    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That actually made me really happy :D That phone case is just amazeballs wrapped up in a bow and aquadisiac is so gorgeous haha. Again, thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  6. I've been after that nail polish for so long! Also, those earrings are so pretty. I love starfish :)

    http://starrynightxxc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take the leap! If you can find it, get it! You won't regret it :) *didn't mean to rhyme* haha :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)