Sunday, June 3, 2012

Review: Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream


I will now give you a few seconds to stop hyperventilating from the awesomeness of this color. No seriously, just take a few seconds I can wait. Okay? Okay. Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. You guys probably remember that I am a sucker for anything to do with mermaids and I told you guys that if it's got mermaid in the name I honestly can't resist. Well ... example number 2! Haha 


What a beautiful color! It's nothing like I have ever seen before! I'm having trouble even describing it. I'm at that point where I just tell you guys to just stare at the swatches and hand your credit card to the online shopping monster! ;) The formula of the polish is unusual. It's thick, but at the same time it applies so smoothly and evenly. It's not at all streaky and you can most certainly get away with one coat, although I did use two! 

The color is a seafoam green, lighter or darker depending on the lighting you're in. It has blue and green glitters in it. It doesn't at all overpower the base color, just adds something extra, a sparkle and shimmer! Every time I looked down at my nails to describe what it reminds me of I thought of coral. It's got the glitter of the sea and the rough texture that I can imagine coral having. Now you're probably seeing "rough texture" and thinking well now I don't want a gritty polish! It's not like that all! It is so difficult to describe so I'll just stop here.


I have nothing bad to say about this polish. The color is gorgeous, so unique, and simply like no other. The formula is impeccable as is the pigmentation. I had this on for a week and it looked as it were no were near chipping. To put it simply; GO GET IT. NOW. SHOO!

xo

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour :) I have the stairway to heaven but would love more...... but
    *still waiting for the money tree to grow*

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been after this polish ever since I saw it on another blog. It is so perfect I can't get over it! I also just wanted to say that I love the name of your blog (I'll admit, that's what drew me in at first haha). I would love to swap blog buttons if you would be interested.

    http://starrynightxxc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)