Monday, April 8, 2013

#IMATSNYC 2013

IMATS: International Makeup Artist Trade Show

IMATS. The magical land of make up brands, products, and discounts galore. There is not a single beauty girl I know who knows about IMATS and doesn't at least dream of going. IMATS has been an event I have been looking forward to for months and I honestly can't believe it's already over. A lot of you may not know this but IMATS is what inspired me to create this blog. The event itself, and all the products and experiences I'd get to share with people. So now excuse me whilst I have #IMATSwithdrawal. 

The IMATS that I attended was in NYC. This year I couldn't go with my BIF (Best Internet Friend) Julia, but I did get to go with my mom and I had a FANTASTIC time! I got to discover an amazing new brand that before IMATS I didn't even know existed (BTW, why don't more people talk about this brand? I'm in freakin' love with it!) and that brand is Lit Cosmetics. But I'm going to save my rave of them for a separate occasion or else this train will go completely off track. Unlike last year, I was completely prepared this year with comfy shoes, pre-IMATS coffee, and the confidence to take my time and push my way through clusters of humans. It ended up being super fun! My mom and I were running from booth to booth playing with anything we could lay our hands on (and then running over to the make up wipe booths to clean our slates, haha!). It was great to see my mom excited for the events and booths as well (she was a bit naughty with her purchases!). She bumped into a free standing sign and almost knocked it over which was hilarious. She was also disturbed and in awe of all the make up artistry taking place around her which was so cute to watch, haha!

I didn't get a chance to whip out my camera a lot and whenever I did my flash would not pop up and just shut down my whole camera. I did manage to get a few shots though and thought I'd share some with you all!
The INGLOT booth was my first stop! Had to get in there before the crowd around it would start thickening. I knew exactly what I wanted so luckily I didn't have to push through to the eyeshadows and start swatching in a squish.
 Lit Cosmetics. My next stop and my new holy land.
 We waited on line for 40 minutes to get to this point and see all the gorgeous glitters! The girl helping out and dolled out in makeup was just the absolute sweetest to us as we went about swatching almost every glitter. The girls behind us weren't so kind, haha!
 I grabbed this pic off of Lit Cosmetics' Instagram. There was a (very entertaining) woman (who I think was the creator of this company!) glitterfying people's make up looks. She had every glitter laid out in front of her and just by looking at it you can imagine there would be crowding around this gem. I could stare at this for ages!
 The Battle of the Brushes models. The one on the far right was my favorite. I don't think she won though ):
 Took a photo with this lovely flower! She sort of reminded me of my Marc Jacobs Daisy Sunshine perfume bottle, haha! She also made me wish it was actually springy outside. It was freezing that morning!
We visited the little museum they had on the sides and look what I found! Doctor Who creations! 

My second year at IMATS was amazing and is only making me that much more excited for my next one. I may or may not try to get myself to LA in January 2014, but no promises (to myself). I had a really fun experience and came away with some amazing new goodies to play with (I'll share those soon in another post ;)). I'm glad I got to experience this with my mom and I'm already awaiting for IMATS NYC 2014! For now, I think I'll live vicariously through the #IMATSNYC tag on Instagram. (so pathetic, right?) LOL, oh well :)

18 comments:

  1. Oh it's so amazing that you got to go to IMATS! <3 It looks so amazing and like so much fun! Definitely want to go there next year! :) Lovely photos!

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was both amazing and really fun! You should definitely! You'll have a blast :)

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! I've never been to an IMATS before but would love to just go to one...preferably in NY :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NY one is the newest and it gets better every year! If you ever get a chance to go to any at all, I'd do it! :)

      Delete
  3. I went to IMATS in London for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it, it's a great place to discover new brands!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I discovered so many new brands even if I didn't purchase from them!

      Delete
  4. WAHHHHH this looks like so much fun Jess!!!!! T__T I can't wait to see what you got while you were there! Maybe I'll have to take a bus up to New York next year because... well... I have makeup needs... as you know...

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and you should def. come next year because your makeup needs for the next two years will be fulfilled, haha!

      Delete
  5. Looks amazing - So jealous !!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two words - very jealous. :D
    I can't wait to see what you got from Inglot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, come next year! Make a trip out of it to NYC, you won't regret it ;)

      Delete
  7. It was fun but really crazy! I didn't see you for sure lol The longest line I waited in was OCC and I went there as soon as I got inside! I've been looking at the instagram tag #imatsnyc too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was thinking about you at one point and I said there's no way we'd even glance in each other's direction at the same time, haha! I can't believe you waited on that long line (I heard people were skipping to the front, too!) The longest line I waited on was Lit Cosmetics. & haha, I'm still creeping that hashtag! Glad I'm not the only one :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)