Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tutorial | Smoked Lavender

Hey guys! Happy, happy Sunday! This is strange for me because I usually never post on the weekends but I haven't got work to do (for once) and something exciting to share so I thought, why not? Live dangerously and all that jazz, yeah? Haha! Anywhos, I was thinking of a tutorial to do for my YouTube channel and wanted to do something exciting for spring, but not something bright. So I went straight to a smoky eye but I wanted to make it a bit different and more spring like. Since spring is all about bringing out our 'pops of color' I decided to create a smoky eye with a pop of color. Pretty straightforward thinking, right? This tutorial is what I came up with! I used deep browns to keep the smoky eye from getting to harsh and lavender as my pop of color! I don't know why I've been so drawn to wearing variations of purples this year, but I'm loving it! I'm actually super happy with that way the eyes turned out! I've never been comfortable with smoking out my eye looks but I think I did a pretty good job (if I do say so myself!) If you'd like to see how I created this look, the tutorial is right down below. I'd totally appreciate you taking the time to watch and give me some feedback. Let me know what you think!

19 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! I need to try and copy this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! I'd love to see how it turns it out :)

      Delete
  2. oooo so pretty! I love this combination. One of my favourites!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO pretty Jess; I can't wait to watch the tutorial!! :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Cassie! I can't wait for you to watch it either! :)

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty Jess! I love the way the purple looks on you, the tutorial was A++ ! :)

    XO ALY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments make so happy, always, Aly! I'm really glad you liked it :) Hope to do some more!

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful look - I love using purple eyeshadow xx
    daintysprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've underestimated the beauty of purple eyshadows, loving them now! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. love your youtube channel! lol you're so up beat!
    -Amanda
    www.Pandaslane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, a result of too much caffeine. Thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  7. THE COLOR SELECTION AND YOUR EYES!!! Sorry for the caps but I have to go share this video on Twitter right now!
    Needless to say, I liked it! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awh thanks a lot, Coco! I'm glad you liked it :)
      & I don't mind the caps, I use them a lot, too ;) xx

      Delete
  8. SUCHA PRETTY LOOK! Your tutorials are the best, youre so funny!!!

    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea! Really glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  9. so pretty! purple and gold shades are my favorite to play with! xx Rena

    http://welcometokissandmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to love them too! They're an awesome combo!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)