Monday, May 27, 2013

First Impression | Revlon's Lash Potion

Happy Monday to all! The weekend isn't over just yet for those in the States because it's Memorial Day! Hope you're all enjoying your three day weekend and if not, hope you don't have a bad case of the Mondays! Today I'll be doing a 'first impression' post of a mascara I got recently after a stroll through the drugstore. It's Revlon's Lash Potion that's supposed to provide length and volume to your lovely lashes. It's also waterproof, which I'm not too happy about it because it'll be a nightmare to remove, but it's great for those who have more oily lids. Also, it'd be great to wear to the beach and the pool during the hot summer days! Okay, maybe it's not so bad that it's waterproof, haha! I was completely sold by the packaging. I didn't even know what this mascara promised to do when I got it but the metallic-magenta handle, and colorful metallic bokeh colored lights on the tube were too hard for me to resist! The brush of this mascara is super dense with bristles which allows it to catch and coat every single lash--from the root, all the way to the tip. I think that's what the 'lengthen' part of this mascara is. By coating from root to tip it creates the illusion of longer lashes, and I really think it lives up to the name. As for volume, I think it does an alright job of creating lift; it's more natural looking than dramatic. The entire effect of this mascara is 'natural' which will make it that much better for when you're not feeling up to a full face of make up. It's a great mascara and I think it'll be one I'll be reaching for a lot to use (and to gaze at!). 

Overall, I'd recommend it if you're looking for a mascara to accentuate the natural length and volume of your lashes. If you're not a fan of waterproof mascara's I'd pass over it, as it's tricky to get off. It'll be great for the summer months when you're going for more 'natural' make ups looks or when you're looking for some mascara that'll hold you over nicely at the beach or pool!

Look, I've finally learned to include a 'before' and 'after' shot of the mascara so you guys can see it in action! :) *super proud blogger moment*
What do you think ladies and germs? Something you might be looking into?

26 comments:

  1. The packaging is so cool! I haven't seen this in my local drugstore but I think I may look into getting it! Great review x

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're slowly coming out in a lot of drugstores, so keep your eyes peeled! :)

      Delete
  2. Your before and after shot is pretty, pretty good. But I think I will skip this mascara. I stay as far away as possible from waterproof mascaras.

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not blame you! If I had realized it was waterproof I may have been hesitant to buy it instead of just snatching it up, haha!

      Delete
  3. I think I might get it and try it myself! Mascara works diffrent for everybody (:

    http://lizlovesmakeupx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packaging!I hope we get this in the uk xx

    Zoe | Sweet Electric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very lovely and yeah, if anything the packaging is gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. I have to admit, I've been wanting to try this ONLY because the packaging is all sorts of tacky-makeup-gorgeous. Glad to see your lash photos though because it's a bit too much of a natural look than what I go for (I'm all for big, fake looking lashes lol); it does look great for super lazy days like you said though!! :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, defintely! I can't say I put thought into it because I only noticed it was waterproof writing up this review, haha! Yay, I'm glad the before and after was helpful! I'm all for bold lashes too but it's nice to have an au naturale one :) It's like MLBB (my lashes but better) mascara!

      Delete
  6. I would definitely also buy it just for the packaging! haha. It just looks so pretty!

    Andrea and the Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really hit the nail on the head with the packaging! That, alone, entices you so much!

      Delete
  7. I will definitely be picking this one up! That packaging is so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's really lovely and the packaging, yup, it's great to stare at, haha!

      Delete
  8. I think it looks great! Really natural looking but the color is great! xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if that's what they were going for, but it's lovely and natural! :)

      Delete
  9. The packaging is definitely what would suck me in the most. It looks so sparkly and attractive!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The sparkle and shine is so hard to resist! :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh I like the look of this. I'm heading over to the States for the summer so need a fairly natural looking mascara that won't budge, may take another look. Thanks, for sharing your blog with me, I really like it :) xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then I think you've certainly found your match in this one! Natural and goes absolutely no where (even when you want it to come off, haha!) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Why thank you! I'll def. stop by your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Yeah, just having the black formula makes a huge difference on my light eyelashes! :)

      Delete
  13. You did a great job with the before and after - they can be so tricky to photograph! I can see it gives a very natural effect but definitely lengthens, adds volume and separates well. Looks like a good pick for an everyday mascara. The packaging with the bokeh is definitely something different and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Yeah, it was a bit tricky to get it at the same angle, haha. The packaging is going to be very hard for a lot of loves to resist, myself included!

      Delete
  14. Love the photos! I just finished reviewing this mascara as well. The review should be up tomorrow morning. I can't say I am a fan of this mascara lol.

    -Danielle
    heydanixo.blogspot.com (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)