Thursday, May 30, 2013

NOTD | I ❤ Barry M

Today's post is going to be a quick NOTD! I was recently gifted some wonderful and amazing Barry M Hi-Shine Nail Paints from my good blogging buddy Melissa who runs Melissa Knows Best. Anyone who follows me on twitter or chatted with me in previous General #bbloggers chats knows that I couldn't go 5 seconds without talking about these polishes, oggling at other blogger's swatches of them, or formulating a plan to get them over to me (without paying such ridiculous shipping costs!) I'm so happy and in awe of these polishes that they have been the only ones I've used for manicures on myself and my sister since I've gotten them (which has been a week!) I'm going to review these polishes soon but in the mean time I thought I'd share my latest manicure with them using Greenberry and Prickly Pear! I can't handle the pastel-y-bright goodness! I also feel so bad ass with the whole two finger accent nail thing that I also did for my IMATS NOTD, which was strangely inspired by Spring Breakers (that movie still haunts my dreams ... and I can't even enjoy High School Musical, anymore!) I can't wait to review these for you all! I love them so much and you've all probably heard a ton about them ... but what's one more review from an excited American? LOL.

Unfortunately, this manicure was completely ruined and squished because I spent all of today cleaning my house (it's my new Summer gig, haha!) I feel like Consuela from Family Guy (We need more lemon pledge ... we actually did!) It took me about 5 hours too make sure everything was spick and span and by that time my nails were chipped and fingers all prickly, yuck! But hey, it's a Summer job that'll let me stay home, wear any ridiculous cleaning outfit I want, and jam out to copious amounts of music on my iPod (I listened to 81 songs in the span of that 5 hours, oh my lanta...) And now I'm off to take a bath whilst re watching A Very Potter Musical (which if you haven't seen you must!)
What do you lovelies think?

24 comments:

  1. Love this. I have both of these polishes so will go for this look next I think. (And I haven't seen Spring Breakers as it didn't seem to come out in the UK...?! From the looks of the trailer, I don't think I'd look at Vanessa Hudgens the same either lol) Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be awesome! You can use practically and combo of colors for this - I used Lychee and Papaya once!
      LOL, oh my goodness gracious! You could probably find it online, but no, trust that you'll never look at her the same way again!

      Delete
  2. Looks so amazing! I'm so jealous, I'm dying to get my hands on some of these polishes as well. They seem to be so great, and I really love the colors you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic! I know the struggle of not having them - but it's so tricky to get packages shipped from the UK, let alone nail polishes! Hopefully you can get your hands on them soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Greenbery is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooooo jealous that you got these!! You know how I am with polishes haha. Prickly Pear is all sorts of perfection <3

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prickly Pear is that pastel lavender polish I've had dreams about (I'm kidding ... a little, haha!) It's so strange to finally have them after lusting after them for so long! Come to New York and I may share! :D

      Delete
  5. This is such a fab review lovely ❤ isn't Greenberry the most gorgeous shade? I love the colour, although I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the polishes as I find them too gloopy and streaky :( butttttt I adore Barry M regular line polishes, they're beautiful ❤❤❤ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a shade like it! I can see what you mean by it being a tad gloopy - if I'm not careful I'll have a lot more on my finger than on my nail, haha! Thanks Gemma! :D I can't wait to get my hands on some more Barry M polishes!

      Delete
  6. I love these polishes,Greenberry is a pretty colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely in love with them, esp. Greenberry!

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty combination, I have a few gelly polishes but Ive not go around to trying them out yet, bad blogger :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* Yes, I really gasped! Go, go, go! Don't ignore such lovely polishes! :D

      Delete
  8. I've got Prickly Pear too, I love t! That Green Berry colour looks sooo gorgeous tho. They look lovely together :)

    New follower here - I found you on the bbloggers blog hop!
    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED Greenberry! I don't know if it's because I'm not a total nail polish fanatic but I've never seen a color quite like it! Prickly Pear is just tops in shade and name, haha!

      Delete
  9. Barry M is one of my favourite nail polish brands. Afordable and longlasting. I love both shades, but I don't have them, I have similar shades, so I don't need them :D
    X Deja

    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I wanted to get my hands on them! So many bloggers rave about them but I can't get them in the States *sad face* & def. if you've got the shades you don't need these, but they are such lovely and cheery shades, I love them!

      Delete
  10. I found you through the blog hop, and have had so much fun reading your posts. I just bought the revlon lash potion, and now can't wait to open it up and use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is so very nice to hear :)
      It's a great mascara, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! xx

      Delete
  11. This is so cute! Greenberry is really gorgeous! I'M SO JELLY!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another polish added to my mermaid collection, haha! & SHUSH, you have Amber Diamond!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)