Thursday, May 23, 2013

Whimsical Ideas by Pam

Who doesn't love a little whimsy in their life?

Hello dudes and dudettes! Is that unprofessional? I hope not. Anyway, today I have a unique and super 'whimsy' post to share with you all about these crazy beautiful polishes! They are from the small company called Whimsical Ideas by Pam. All the polishes are handmade (hand mixed together?) by a lovely woman named Pam, who truly is lovely. All her polishes are $10 a bottle and she sells everything through her facebook page which will be linked right here -> WHIMSY :D (she doesn't ship internationally though, sowwy oversea readers ): ) You can look through albums of all the different polishes she has to offer and then all you do is drop her an e-mail with the ones you want. She won't invoice you back until she knows she has all your polishes ready to go and when she has a new collection out it may take a while to get invoiced, but I think that's a good system because then you pay when you know your polishes are ready to be shipped out. They're totally worth the wait! 

The packaging of the polishes is simple, cute, and very whimsy. The bottles are square (which make the polishes line up so nicely) with white stickers that have the name of the color written really big and in really cute handwritten letters. The best part, my favorite part, are the little bows that she hand ties (yeah, hand ties) on every single black topper. They're aesthetically pleasing and don't get in the way when I try to paint my nails, in fact, you can just slide them right off while you paint!

It was really hard for me to narrow down my choices to the ones I did. At $10 a piece they're not totally expensive but they're not cheap either. Reading through her facebook page you'll see that there are so many happy customers so it just came down to choosing my colors. I ended up going with Kitty Glitter, In the Whole Wide World, and Eloise. The last two were a part of her Valentine's Day collection and when I saw Eloise I knew it was time to hustle up and order some!
  • Kitty Glitter | This one has a light, pastel blue base with silver micro-shimmer and small, silver hexagonal glitters. This is my favorite out of the three because you get just enough glitter and color onto each nail. You don't have to fish around for any of them. This one also looks nice and semi-opaque layered in two coats on its own, but looks really opaque and vibrant over a similar colored polish.
  • In The Whole Wide World | This one has a clear base but has so much more going on in terms of glitter. You've got your rainbow micro-shimmers, small-silver hexagonal glitters (I have no idea why it came out blue in the swatches... it might have bounced off of Kitty Glitter) and then adorable pink heart glitters. The micro-shimmers and hexagonal glitters apply smoothly to the nail but I find myself fishing for the hearts and having to place them onto the nail. At first this was a little disappointing as I've never experienced this with glitters but as you get the hang of how to apply it, the final effect is totally worth! This one looks great over any colored polish; lavender, pink, blue, and my favorite so far is over black. 
  • Eloise | This is the polish that I was most excited for because of what it was named after (little Eloise at the Plaza!) and the crazy unique glitters. They don't sparkle like conventional glitter but boy do they shine. There are small white hexagonal glitters (lady loves her hexagons!), even smaller pink hexagonal glitters that have dark pink stripes or spots on them, and then huge black circle dots, in a clear base. I don't know why I called them dots, but they look like them! I've never, ever seen a polish with glitters like these. The smaller glitters place onto the nail well but, like the pink hearts in the previous polish, they take a bit of fishing around. I thought it would seriously peeve me a bit to fish for the bigger glitters but the effect is so awesome, that it's worth it!
With the last two polishes, which act more like glitter top coats, I'd recommend waiting for the polish underneath to dry completely before adding them on top. It'll allow the glitters to lay down much nicer and when you have to go ahead and place the larger glitters it won't goop or squish. Also, if you love to pick at your polish like me at times, def. recommend putting a layer of regular top coat after the glitter coat has dried. I find when I don't do that, some of the bigger glitters might start sticking out and I end up just picking them off, which is a bummer.

Overall, I really love the look and feel of all of her polishes and if I could afford it, I'd have them. The glitters and color combos, even the names of the polishes are unlike anything you've ever seen, guaranteed. She recently put up a Q&A were she says how she does her best to make sure she's not creating something that's already out there. I can totally respect that because it pushes her to be more creative and boy is she ever! I'd highly and seriously recommend you have a browse through her polishes albums. I already have my eyes set on La-De-Dots from her new Spring collection, as well as her Peanut Butter & Jelly polish which makes me crave a PB&J sandwich every time I see it!
Can't recommend her polishes enough. Seriously check them out and get you some whimsy!

32 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love just looking at them :)

      Delete
  2. these are very pretty!the bottles are super cute too xx

    Zoe | Sweet Electric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love that they're square :) Makes them look better when they're lined up next to each other xx

      Delete
  3. These are so so beautiful! Bottle and polish! Great choices :) xx

    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THESE ARE ADORABLE :D haha just got a bit excited there, love the colour combinations :)

    Jordy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, they're totally worth getting excited for! Pam is so creative with all her combinations it's ridiculous! :)

      Delete
  5. YAY so glad to see this post up Jess!! These sound fantastic (and Pam sounds like a doll) and I definitely will probably have to nab myself a couple... or a few... or a bunch one of these days. :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so nice to everyone on her page and wants to make sure every one has a pleasant experience. It's awesome and makes you want to order even more, haha! & you def. will have to get a couple! I have to get myself some more :)

      Delete
  6. I love the kitty glitter one, its such a gorgeous colour and the bottles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue and silver glitters fit so perfectly!

      Delete
  7. I love Kitty Glitter. It's so pretty!
    Check out my blog and enter my giveaway while you're there :)
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could get my hands on these. They are truly beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame she won't ship out of the US, so many people want them but the mail overseas is unpredictable, so it's understandable! When I place another order I'll give you a tweet and maybe just send them to you myself! :)

      Delete
  9. I love the colors in 'In The Whole Wide World', so unique!

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree! I love the silvers and the pink together :)

      Delete
  10. aah all three are so, so pretty! i especially love the pink based one

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous, aren't they! Love them so much :)

      Delete
  11. I wish they were shipped internationally! I would probably get all of them, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very tempting! If she could sell internationally without the stress of the post, she'd make millions, haha!

      Delete
  12. These are beautiful! And I love that you're supporting a lesser known brand. Such an awesome blogger :)

    Check out my beauty blog:

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks! Her polishes are too amazing not to share! I love supporting lesser known brands. There's a certain charm that comes with them :)

      Delete
  13. Wow those are amazing!! Love your blog (:

    A new follower here


    Visit
    Xo

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)