Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Birchbox | Heritage

Yesterday afternoon the post man delivered quite an exciting package to a very under the weather girl! It was my very first Birchbox in quite a long time! I had subscribed to Birchbox maybe a year ago, and while I wasn't totally disappointed, I wasn't completely blown away to want to spend $10 a month. Recently, however, I've been watching Andrea's unboxing videos of her various Birchbox's and it seems that Birchbox have def. stepped up their game! So after a few of those I was hooked and convinced I wanted to try one out for myself. I signed up and assumed my box would be the October box, but they shipped so fast I made it in time for the September one and here's what I got:

  • Beauty Protector Shampoo/Conditioner | I could smell this stuff before I even opened the box which had me worried that something had spilled, eek! First off, I LOVE that the shampoo/conditioner samples came in decent sized bottle with caps. Not a huge fan of the packets that some companies give out. I'm not too keen on trying out shampoos/conditioners I haven't thoroughly researched because my hair is a bit of a diva but there are no sulfates and it promises to add shine, volume, and detangle. The smell emitting from the bottles is very strong but so nice - sort of like a salon so I'm hoping it means the scent lingers. I'm willing to give these a fair try!
  • Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45+ | I'm already a fan of Dr. Jart BB Creams, having used the Waterfuse one. I was a bit indifferent to receiving this in my box when I first opened it. I've sort of moved to regular foundations but I will give this a go and see how I like it compared to the Waterfuse one. Who knows? It may just knock my socks off, haha. I will say that I love the SPF it has in it. Not so great for photo sessions but def. great for protecting my already reddening skin, haha!
  • Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips | NIPPLE BALM. I was SO excited to see this in my box, you have no idea. I've heard of this balm before from various bloggers and YouTubers and was always so curious about it! Loving that it came in a decent sized squeezie tube, not totally loving that it wasn't even half full, only because I'm sure I'll be through with my sample by then end of the week. My lips have been severely chapped thanks to not being able to breathe through my nose as well as the colder weather approaching, so seeing this has been a life saver!
  • RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt | Yay, for my steadily growing nail collection! I was excited to get a nail polish. I had seen Andrea got one in her Birchbox and I loved the color she had. Fox Hunt is a metallic and vibrant orange which immedietaly made me think of a pumpkin and all the wondrous Halloween nails I can make, haha. I don't know if this was a full size sample of the product, or a smaller size, but it's more than a generous amount of nail polish! I'll be breaking it out for sure for some autumnal NOTDs!
Overall I'm thoroughly impressed with this box compared to the box I got last year. I enjoy the repackaging of samples and the size of the samples. I liked the diversity of samples and that they ranged from haircare to nails to beauty products. I like that Birchbox now has a theme for every month of their boxes. I'll be keeping my subscription for next month as I'm really excited to see what they do for October. Fingers crossed, it's Halloween themed!! You can subscribe to Birchbox at this link over here.  It's $10 monthly for a box, which right now I'm totally happy with paying as long as Birchbox keeps it up!

12 comments:

  1. That lip balm is my favourite! always a conversation started too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, didn't even think of that but it def. is! I'm so excited that it's such a great product! Already loving it!

      Delete
  2. Really wanna try that shampoo and conditioner!!!

    xoxo

    pretyandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of this brand but it smells delicious and the promises are right up my alley so I'm excited to try it :D

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the look of that nail polish, what a gorgeous little bottle! Obviously the polish inside is lovely too xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's a very interesting bottle! The color is gorgeous, especially for fall!

      Delete
  4. It does look like they've stepped up their game! The shampoo and conditioners are pretty decent sizes for samples too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was so surprised to see them so big! Also, I'm just glad they didn't come in a foil packet!

      Delete
  5. Nipple balm! I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that orange, told you it is worth it!
    Make sure you are keeping up with your reviews to get points so you are getting the total value!!!!! And I expect an unboxing next time! ;)
    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED your nail color! Haha.
      I am totally keeping up! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)