Monday, September 9, 2013

Pandora | Charmed, I'm Sure

Charm bracelets are a piece of jewelry I've been fascinated with ever since I was younger. It's a piece that grows with time, brings about memories, and represents who you are or who you were. The charm bracelets I remember wanting were the ones from Tiffany's with the super dangly charms. I had one, still do, but the weight of the bracelet and the large charms made it hard for me to wear everyday. In comes Pandora, a brand my mom had discovered and fallen in love with. She's very big into charms and keepsakes, so my sister and I got her one for the holidays. The charm of these types of bracelets wore off for me but when my sister got one for her birthday and I watched as they both collected charms, I found myself remembering why I wanted one in the first place. Today, I thought I'd share which different charms I have and what they mean to me. If you'd like to know more about Pandora and their charms you can visit their website here. This post is more personal than it is a review.

left to right
Black Friday 2012 // This was a charm that Pandora released on Black Friday to mark the beginning of the holiday season. My mom had driven me to my first shift at Bath & Body Works, which also happened to be Black Friday. We got there too early and of course she had to see the sales at Pandora. There were none, but they did have this charm that now my mom, sister, and I all have to remember the holidays starting.
Blue Tendril // I have two of these on my bracelet. They're meant to beautify the small twist that keeps the charms in the middle section from moving. I loved the filagree design. It seemed almost magical and mystical, and I love that sort of thing. I thought it would give me some magical powers, haha.
Teal Polka Dots // This is a retired charm but it was one of my first. If you haven't already guessed it, I got this charm because it looked like a bubble with dots of mermaid colors on it. 
London Bus // This charm represents my deep desire to travel to the UK, especially London. I'm intrigued by the accents, the "British" culture, and the general atmosphere that seems so different than where I'm from. I want to visit and experience it all. I know a lot of people say that London is like New York but with English accents, which sometimes seems true, but ... I don't know. I can never accurately describe why I have this deep love and yearning to visit the UK.
Ballet Slippers Dangle // My mom gifted me this charm after my last dance recital a year ago. Dance is something I've loved to do wether it be at home in my cow jammies, in a studio, or on stage at a competition. Every time I look at it I get a bit sad that I don't dance anymore because I don't have the time (being an adult SUCKS)
Babushka // Haha, this is a fun charm. It's meant to represent a Matryoshka (Russian dolls that are stacked inside one another and get smaller and smaller) They called it 'Babushka' which means grandma in Russian and it does kind of look like what I imagine a lot of little old lady's in Russia to look like! This charm represents my Russian heritage and it's just the cutest little thing ever!
Seashell // MERMAIDS. I got this charm for my 20th birthday and it just stands for my absolute obsession with mermaids and the sea. I can't help it - I need therapy, haha!
Green Swirl // That's now what it's actually called but I cannot for the life of me find it on any site. Again, this charm just represents the general theme of my bracelet which is the ocean and mermaids. It also happens to be in a color that I love!
Turtle // I'm sad to say this turtle has no real meaning. My mom went to a jeweler's to buy a different bracelet for my sister; my sister didn't like it and they wouldn't refund so we ended up with store credit and I ended up with this cute little turtle! I guess we can pretend it's a sea turtle and keep running with the whole love of the ocean/mermaids, deal :)
What are your thoughts on charm bracelets?

28 comments:

  1. Great bracelet !!! I adore it :)

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bracelet! This has reminded me why I lusted for a charm bracelet in the first place! x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daphne! They are really special and personal pieces of jewelry!

      Delete
  3. I really want a pandora bracelet but the charms are so expensive! Oh and you have a deep yearning to travel to the UK because we are awesome ;D

    Cat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah they are a bit expensive but the quality is amazing AND if you lose or break one, they replace it for free which is amazing! LOL, you guys ARE awesome! I shall visit one day :D

      Delete
  4. The seashell is beautiful! I've never owned a charm bracelet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really sentimental, I love that kind of stuff :)

      Delete
  5. Awww I love it! My pandora bracelet only has 3 charms on it, a little Castle I got at Disneyworld, A Nemo I got because, well... who doesn't love Nemo and a little flower thing. I loved reading about the memories behind each charm. I want to eventually do that too and have a charm bracelet I can look at fondly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH! Just the thought of a little Disney castle on your wrist is appealing and I will get one when I go there now, haha! These sorts of bracelets are the kinds you don't actually want to fill up in one go. It means so much more as it grows with time :)

      Delete
  6. Personally I love the idea of charm bracelets as there is so much sentiment behind the charms, but I'd never be able to wear one in fear of breaking or losing them or the bracelet altogether :)) I love your selection, they're gorgeous xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I stopped wearing my dangly one, but the pandora ones are quite sturdy and if you lose/break one they replace it for you for free! They have a record of all the ones you buy which is really handy. Thanks, Gem! :)

      Delete
  7. Aw your Pandora bracelet is so lovely :) I have one as well which was a present from my grandparents, so it is very special to me too! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amie! They are rather special and so unique to every single person who has one. I just love that :D

      Delete
  8. Oh, charm bracelets! My first one almost exclusively featured puppies and peace signs. And of course I love your London bus charm, as it seems we have the same inexplicable desire to travel to the UK ;) You've reminded me how special it is to have an extremely personal and custom piece of jewelry. I'd love to start my own charm bracelet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll have to come visit whilst you're there. Still so, so, so jelly that you're moving there for a while! They have a pandora in the UK, too! You can start it off with a little London charm :D

      Delete
  9. Love your pandora bracelet! I have so many memories with mine too. I might just have to steal this idea of yours ;)

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, go right ahead! It's a great way to learn about someone although my love for the UK and sea life is rather apparent! Thank you, Des :)

      Delete
  10. Loved it :)
    I have a turtle on mine too! Your charms are gorgeous, I love the seashell and your murano charms!
    I live in London, I promise you you want to stay in the US the weather here is terrible!
    Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Turtle pals :)
      AH, murano, that's what those are called, haha. The weather in New York is almost always identical to the weather in London, so it'll be quite the same just with more appealing accents :D

      Delete
  11. I don't have any charm bracelets, but if I got one, that little London bus would probably end up going home with me too. London is the best! <3

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's such a cute and surprisingly colorful charm with the Union Jack on top!

      Delete
  12. I was only in the Pandora shop yesterday eyeing these up, your collection is really pretty!

    Lovely to discover your blog!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have you seen their newest collection? It's so gorgeous just looking at them all together :D

      Delete
  13. I have a Pandora Charm Bracelet too and I'm the same as you, I like the charms to have meaning behind them but more specifically I like it when they're given on occasions as birthdays, anniversaries etc as it will just make me remember that day. Unfortunately I had to take my Pandora Bracelet off simply because it was coming off by itself and nearly got it lost in Primark! xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the absolute best when you get them at certain times in your life that have meaning. Most of mine came from my mom during the holidays or birthday but they're always so personal which makes me love how much my mom understands me :) OH NO! I would be devastated if I lost mine. Maybe go see about having it fixed? I don't know how I could go on not wearing mine):

      Delete
  14. I've not worn my Pandora in ages, but reading this I really want to dig it out and fill it with lots of new charms!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def dig it out! I love staring at it on public transport and just having it there :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)