Friday, September 13, 2013

Rapunzel | I See The Light

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm back today with the second installment (sounds rather fancy, but I don't know what else to call it) of my Disney Princess series! Can I just say that I was completely overwhelmed by the response to the Snow White look? I was hoping for a super positive reaction, but honestly wasn't expecting all the lovely comment that I got so, THANK YOU :D If you haven't yet seen that look you can do so by heading over here. Today's chosen Disney Princess is Rapunzel from the ever so lovely movie Tangled. She is my sister's absolute favorite princess and she insisted that I do a look for her right after Snow White. I took inspiration from the touching scene with the lanterns in front of the castle. The night sky being animated as gorgeous as it was to then be illuminated by all the yellow and orange tones of the lanterns was just breathtaking. That scene always gets to me and makes my face contort into that weird expression where my eyes are sad but my mouth and cheeks are just radiating happiness. Here are the products I used:

On the eyes:
  • NARS Smudgeproof Base Primer
  • MAC Fascinating Eye Khol
  • Urban Decay Tainted Eyeshadow
  • INGLOT 407 Pearl Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay Omen Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay Vanilla Eyeshadow
  • MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in El Dorado
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express Mascara
On the face
  • Urban Decay Naked Foundation/Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
  • Benefit Hervana Boxed Blush
  • MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish
  • Revlon Rose Lip Liner/Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Gloss in Bellini
What are your thoughts on Rapunzel? Raise your hand if the lantern scene made you tear *raises hand*

27 comments:

  1. Very Very Pretty ! I love the golden eyeliner !

    ReplyDelete
  2. And have you heard about the Nars Instagram constest ?

    I read about it here :
    http://www.whatihearttoday.com/2013/09/nars-bright-young-things.html

    Since your looks are so pretty, I thought you could do it if you wanted to ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, wow thanks for this! I read the rules and was a bit unclear of the challenge and who was eligible though. Looking more into it, as it looks like fun!

      Delete
  3. Girl.... I don't even. I'm in love with this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks so much Ash! Your comment always bring a smile to my face :D

      Delete
  4. Again, I love this series! I love seeing people's interpretations of Disney looks through make up and tbh if you combine anything with Disney i'm gonna love it but I really do love the look you made! The pink and purple blended together is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Disney is just amazing! You really can't go wrong with anything Disney related! Thanks so much, Marvelle! You're too kind :)

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhhh my god... JESS!!!! This is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. And that's coming from an artist so that must mean something hahahahah. Anyways, seriously, I wish I could recreate this but there is just no way lol. I'm so smitten... I think I'm just going to sit around today and look at these eye pictures of yours like an absolute creep.

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, Cassie, you're too sweet. Thank yah, mucho :D Haha, go ahead and be a creep, it flatters me!!

      Delete
  6. I love the gold! Please keep this series up! It's one of my favorite things right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will keep this series up! It's too fun to stop now :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  7. THIS IS A GORGEOUS LOOK!
    I've been looooovin' all these amazing eye looks you've been doing lately!!

    Varvara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowee, thank you very much! It means a lot :D I can't wait for you to see the rest!

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful look! They gold eyeliner is amazing!

    btw I nominated you for a liebster award and tagged you to do the makeup first and fails.

    Thosestarsthatshine.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that gold eyeliner to bits and pieces! Thank you so much, Sarah :D

      Delete
  9. Another gorgeous look! I love how beautiful it looks. Also it does remind me of that scene! And I did cry during the lanterns!

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lantern scene will get you every. time. There's no avoiding it and probably best to just grab some tissues! Thank you for you lovely comment, Des :) <3

      Delete
  10. This is such a pretty look :) I LOVE Disney!
    I am heading on over to your Snow White post as I am excited to see what it looks like! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Zoe! What's not to love?! It's happiness wrapped in joy and sunshine, sprinkled with rainbows, haha!

      Delete
  11. I'm loving this look <3 It's so pretty xx

    http://theoutletowl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)