Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blogmas Day 04 ❄ My Winter Scent

Blogmas Day 4 ... and I'm already falling behind! It's technically the fifth day of Blogmas (it's actually the fifth day, haha) but working until midnight leaves no room to write. So instead, today there'll be two  posts, up super late, but still there! Loophole? Yes, but let's go with that, haha. Today's post is going to be about my 'winter' scent. I'm not one to have certain scents for every season but I've been reaching for this one a lot (at least I was until I bought the One Direction One Moment perfume, haha!) I've had Dior's Miss Dior Cherie for about a year (they're already redesigned the bottle!) and it's unlike any perfume I've ever bought. I'm usually the type to go for the more fruity and sweet scents, or as the perfume industry describes 'flirty' scents. Miss Dior Cherie has notes of blood oranges, neroli, rose, and patchouli. It kind of smells like a hug, if that makes any sense, haha. The notes are strong, yet inviting and very warm (if you could smell it you'd know what I mean!) I don't like wearing this in the summer time unless I'm going somewhere at night with family or friends. It's one of those perfumes you save for special occasions and since the winter is full of them, it's perfect! I love that the bottle is just clear glass with a simple bow on the cap. It makes it look elegant and somewhat romantic as it sits on display with other perfumes! This is the Eau de Toilette which means the scent is a bit softer and doesn't last as long, but if you find yourself really like the scent I'd recommend getting the Eau de Perfume because it'll be stronger and last much longer. I know scents are quite personal to everyone so I'm not sure if I could recommend it you all, but I would recommend giving it a whiff if you ever see it! You might discover a new gem :)

What's your go to scent in the winter?

10 comments:

  1. This is actually my favorite, favorite, favorite perfume and it hurts my heart that they are not cruelty free. I still have most of my bottle so I have been savoring it, but the scent is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, that's such a shame ): Savor away! It's such a strong scent that you only need like one or two spritzes anyway!

      Delete
  2. This perfume and I do NOT get along… I wish I could appreciate it like the rest of the female population seems to :( I think it has to do with the patchouli; something about patchouli just doesn't mix well with my skin chemistry.

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It does take some appreciating. It's one of those scents I think I'd wear if I were a bit older because it's so strong, but it softens when I wear it for some reason. I don't like patchouli AT ALL, so I'm glad that note vanishes haha!

      Delete
  3. Everytime I see this I have to have a quick spray, but its so expensive unless I get a big unexpected pay soon I don't think I'll be getting it :(

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awh, yeah I had no idea how expensive it was when my mom bought it for me! I kind of feel awful for even asking for it when I did. It is a gorgeous scent though and maybe you can have a department store sample it out for you! That way you can have a little vial to carry around with you :)

      Delete
  4. I love this scent - a lovely one for this time of year! x

    amuchprettierpuzzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fragrance has a very special place in my heart as it's the first "proper" perfume that I've ever bought. The only thing is, I loved it to begin with and it was my signature scent. A few years later, it just didn't sit right on me. Maybe my body chemistry changed...

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too! At least, a very "lady" perfume, not just mists and things. I completely understand, it could have been that. I remember when I got it, I loved it, but then in the summer it just did not smell right (or sit right, not sure haha) but in the winter it seems to go back to smelling just as lovely as I remember. Maybe it's a seasonal thing? Haha

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)