Blogmas Day 11! Today's post is on my very merry, and most festive lipsticks! I say this all the time but lipsticks are my IT piece of makeup. It's the one piece of makeup that I can never have enough of. So when the holidays roll around and family parties start hopping it gives me so much more reason to pull out some bold colors! These five lipsticks are shades I reach for myself all the time around the holiday season and I think they are great colors for the autumn/winter. It's a great mix of vampy berries, bright reds, and fun fuchsia's!
- MAC Show Orchid | A gorgeous pink and purple infused lipstick that MAC sells online or at their Pro stores. This is a lipstick that screams summer but is so much fun to wear any time of the year. It's bright and whimsy but def. not obnoxiously so! Orchid is going to be the color of the year for 2014 so you know it's a good pick!
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 5 Fuschia in Excess | This lipstick is really similar to MAC's Show Orchid but it's got a smidge more of red and berry tones. Think of it as MAC Show Orchid's older and more mature sister. YSL lipsticks are super luxurious and the color glides on like a dream.
- MAC Hang Up | Everyone loves a vampire-esque lip color to wear during the fall and MAC's Hang Up is my favorite. This formula of MAC's lipstick is nourishing so you can rock the dark lip without having to worry about dry/flakey patches showing up. It's also got that kick of plum in it so if you're a bit intimidated by dark colors this one will be a lot easier to pull off!
- TopShop Rio Rio | A bit different from your average red- this one is a bright orangey-red that's perfect for those looking to be a bit more daring with their lipstick choices. It's a color you'd normally think to wear in the summer, but the heck with rules, wear it anyway. Plus, this one from TopShop is long lasting, matte, and smells delicious! It's a show stopper, for sure!
- MAC RiRi Woo | A matte, blue based red for the holidays? How revolutionary, Jess, truly. I know, I know, but WE ALL need one, there's no denying it. It's classy, sophisticated, and totally a confidence booster. The holidays wouldn't be the same without one ;D
What are your most festive lipsticks?