Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mermaid Gift Guide Vol. 02

Mermaid Gift Guide
Ah, I've been waiting since October to bring this post to you guys! With Christmas slowly, but surely, approaching you may be wondering what to get the mer-folk obsessed, ocean inspired, glitter lovers in your life. Well don't worry, because I've got you covered with the second volume of my mermaid gift guide! You can check out last year's gift guide here ❄ Volume 1 ❄ I still highly recommend everything on that list as well (if you can still get your hands on them), and as a mermaid myself, I know I'd love to receive anything on either of these lists! Also, if you hadn't noticed, I've gotten rid of the Blogmas title for reasons you have probably guessed. This'll now put less pressure on me to blog I think, haha! The festive wrapping paper will still be present for the holly jolly season. Anyway, on with the gift guide!

Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, & Lore by Skye Alexander ($13.64)
If you know anyone who's a fan of mermaids, I can guarantee that they'll love receiving this book! It tells you anything and everything you've ever wanted to know about mermaids in mythologies and how their appearance and personalities were portrayed by different cultures. The book is fairly simple to read so it's a completely enjoyable experience to learn about how some mermaids drowned men because they wanted to keep them forever, haha. Absolutely brilliant gift idea that you can find at Barnes N' Noble or even Amazon!

Disney Collection x Sephora Set the Mood Compact Mirror ($20)
Any Disney or The Little Mermaid fan would appreciate this. It's a gorgeous compact, which I've actually reviewed in depth here with loads of pictures, that Sephora released early this fall as a part of their final installment of the Disney Collection. It features Ariel and Eric in a boat on the lake during the ever so lovely "Kiss the Girl" scene. These sold like hot cakes when released but don't fret because although you can't get them on Sephora.com, a lot of Sephora's still have this compact available to purchase! Check around a bit before hitting up eBay!

NARS Blush in Sex Appeal ($29)
You don't have to love mermaids or all things sparkly to appreciate this blush. It's a gorgeous soft peach that gives such a natural flush to the cheeks, one that I think any mermaid would have. Or maybe not, actually. Haha, I'm always torn between thinking mermaids look absolutely natural or are covered head to tail in scaly glitter. Regardless, this would be a lovely gift for a makeup/blush lover on your list!

BlackMilk Mermaid Chameloen Leggings ($72)
Are these not the raddest looking leggings you've ever seen? Just, what?! They're so cool, I don't even know how to properly describe their amazingness. Granted, they're expensive, and I feel like these would be a gift you'd gift yourself if anything. This is probably the closest us mer-folk crazed folks will get to feeling like mermaids without shelling out for an actual tail, haha! It'd be a great gift, and I'm kicking myself for not asking for these for the holidays!!

Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Mermaid's Eyes ($19)
Last year, I recommended Deborah Lippmann's most perfectly mermaid nail polish Mermaid's Dream and since then she's released even more mermaid goodness with an entire collection of mermaid themed polishes. Any of the polish's would be fantastic gifts but Mermaid's Eyes was my favorite of the bunch with the blue base and slight yellow/green undertones!

Pandora Mermaid Charm ($35)/Alex and Ani Mermaid Charm Bangle ($28)
I've done an entire post on my Pandora charm and talked about how sentimental I think charm bracelets  are. The Mermaid Charm would be a great addition or start to any merfolk lovers' bracelet. If not the Pandora charm, then def. take a look at the Alex and Ani Mermaid Charm Bangle. It's cheaper, and a bit less loud. I absolutely love wearing mine around :)

Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Gloss in Bellini ($24)
Sparkle in the form of a non-sticky lipgloss? Yes, I'll take it! I'm sure if there's someone on your list that enjoy's the sparkly things in life will greatly appreciate receiving this lipgloss in their stockings, perhaps? It's got the shiny gloss and the lovely golden pink shimmers without any of the gooey messiness that is usually associated with lip gloss! 

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Intro(Vert) ($25)
Last but not least, this gorgeous emerald eyeliner. When a brand describes a color as "mermaid green with shimmer" there's no way you pass that up in the store! The liner is creamy and smooth and the color is just gorgeous! Green eyeliner may not be everyone's cup of tea, but given to the right person, an emerald line with shimmer (*razzle dazzle*) will be greatly appreciated!

15 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with those leggings!!

    Cat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so gorgeous! So tempted to buy a pair, but the price tag just makes me think "ouch" Haha!

      Delete
  2. The Nars blush and the nail varnish are sooooo gorgeous <3 I also adore Black Milk.
    Jasmine from Rabbitwood
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never ordered anything from Black Milk, but I love the products they make! :)

      Delete
  3. This list just screams you, Jess!! I hope you get loads of mermaid goodness this holiday season and hopefully you're feeling a little less stressed without 'blogmas' on your mind :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well this is basically a list of "oh hey, I really would love this stuff"! Thanks so much, Cassie! I hope you're having a happy holiday and enjoying being on break from school :D

      Delete
  4. That blush ❤️ I want ALLLLL the NARS blushes, they're all so beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, a collection of NARS blushes would be so amazing!

      Delete
  5. That nail polish! What a beauty! And the Marc Jacobs pen looks really nice too, so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, just? Deborah Lippmann knows her polishes and Marc Jacobs is like the king of glorious packaging, haha!

      Delete
  6. I love that compact mirror and the mermaid book sounds so interesting, I might looking into buying that for myself lol
    Deejay Speaks
    She Has The Eye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def do that! It's such a fun and quick read :D

      Delete
  7. The mermaid charm is so pretty! Happy holidays, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have checked this site a few times now and i have to say that i find it quite exeptional actually. keep it up!
    online game addicting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)