Saturday, May 12, 2012

Birchbox May 2012: Gossip Girl

It's finally arrived! My first (and the Gossip Girl) Birchbox!


 When my mom told me it came in the mail I literally ran towards my door, snatched up the box, and ran to my room to tear it open! You can't really see in this shot (surprisngly!) but there's a HUGE gash on the box. I couldn't wait to open because 1.) it was my first ever Birchbox and 2.) I did some digging around (accidentally, on purpose) and sort of knew what my be in some of the boxes and was hoping one of my favorites would be mine! 


Above is what was inside my box. I was so excited that I hadn't bothered to read the little card that was on top of the tissue paper. I was SO thrilled to see the Stila Waterproof Eyeliner in Curacao! I've been getting into colored liners so this was just amazing! Then I saw mini Color-Club nail polish in Disco Nap (two things I would never have thought to put together). I've always wanted a mini polish, I just think they're so cute and the fact that it was gold was cherry on top! I've been dying to find a metallic gold that was just purely that and no other gizmos inside. This was perfect and I can't wait to try it out!

The next things I got, I'll be honest, I was not to thrilled about and kind of smacked me out my sample high. I got three Kerastase hair product samples. The two packets (which I thought were the same sample) are a shampoo and conditioner for fine and luscious hair. My hair may be luscious but it certainly is not fine. And I also got a serum of some sort for dry ends which I actually got sort of excited to try because fine hair I don't have, but dry ends I certainly do!

After the excitement died down I went to read the card and discovered that I was actually missing a sample! The one that I was hoping wholeheartedly to get! It was the Dr. Jart BB Cream! I was kicking myself because it said on my note card that I was supposed to receive it and it was no where to be found! I didn't want to have a problem with my first box, but I feel sort of initiated now. I e-mailed customer service and hopefully they get back to me soon and send me off my sample!

All in all, this was really exciting and I'm happy with my box, regardless of the BB Cream not being there (even though I REALLY wanted it!). Unfortunately, I don't think I will continue with my subscription. These days $10 may not seem like much but I feel like I could put that towards beauty products I know I'll like.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)