Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review: NARS Angelika Blush


Today's post is brought to you by the sheer definition of blue-based pink. Meet NARS Angelika blush.


Now, don't be too intimidated by the color! It's actually so gorgeous and one of those colors you will always need to have in your collection. I love NARS blushes. They're all super pigmented with easily buildable formulation. NARS Angelika, in particular, is really pretty to add a natural "barbie" flush to your cheeks (as natural as Barbie's flush can get, haha) Or for a better picture, the pink color your cheeks turn after a really good run.


The only thing that I can see being a deal breaker for some is that it is jam packed with glitter. It's not shimmery, but there's actual bits of mini glitters in it. I am a fan of the glitter but I can see some of you not wanting to look like you sneezed into a pot of shimmers. I used this particular blusher for my dance competitions, applied a tad sheerer than the left swatch (I know, crazy right?!) but I still enjoy wearing it to work super sheered out like in the right swatch. I'm not sure this will be everyone's cup o' tea as the color and the glitter are a tad scary. I would still give it a swatcharoo the next time you're near a NARS counter.

What do you guys think? Too much? Or not enough, haha?
xo

14 comments:

  1. That shade looks gorgeous but I'm not a big fan of glitter blushes because they tend to draw a little more attention to the acne on my cheeks :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I agree. This one will do that unfortunately :/

      Delete
  2. So pretty :)! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently had a photoshoot for a new label coming to ASOS marketplace
    and I'm sure they used this product! It was fab!! -really defines cheek bones.

    New follower, follow back? or take a peep at my blog?

    Muchos Smiles,
    bb, xoxo

    http://ispythroughthekeyhole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! But then I thought it might just be the bronzer. Followed back :)

      Delete
  4. I love NARS blushes! Although they are quite glittery I found that it gives a really nice golden look rather than disco ball face.

    I just wish their packaging would stay clean longer than a week!

    Great blog! I'm now following!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a weirdo because I love their packaging and feel when it gets dirty it means I've been using it well! Yes, I agree no disco ball face! But I can see how it can be off putting to some :)

      Delete
  5. I have bought a few NARS blushes but always the matte ones. One of my friends loves every single shimmer and glitter blush in the world so I am slowly changing sides. This might have to go on my list :)

    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH yes! This one would be perfect. Shimmery and a beautiful pink that you can easily sheer out if it's too much :)

      Delete
  6. Love that shade! It's almost like the look of walking outside on a cold day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Very winded cheek look. This will look beautiful in the winter time!

      Delete
  7. Love it! I still rather use peachy colours though! x

    Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore peachy shades! This was a nice change :)

      Delete
  8. I think that colour is so pretty! Love the gliiter and I am mad for blue based pink cheeks!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)