Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's In My Travel Make Up Bag?

It's no secret that I am off to Boston early tomorrow morning for the weekend! I am so beyond excited about this mini-vacation because I get to see my B.I.F. (Best Internet Friend) Julia! She's come to New York twice now and this is the first time I'll be visiting her and it'll be my first time in Boston! I'll probably write more on how excited I am tomorrow morning on the train ride over so for now I'll just get into what make up I'm bringing along with me!

Deciding what make up to bring is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do! Luckily I've managed not to bring along an entire train case of make up considering I probably won't use half of it! Here is what I thought would be essential for my trip!


  • Mrs. Bunny Sigma Brushes | I of course needed brushes to apply my make up but I didn't want to bring the whole kit even though it's ideal for travel. I brought multiple eye brushes, a stippling blush, and a blush brush. Along with a kabuki brush to blend out my face make up if I by some chance apply a tad too much.
  • Dr. Jart++ BB Cream | For concealment of my imperfections, even on vacation!
  • M.A.C. Super Nova Blush & Benefit's Hervana Blush | My new baby and my all time favorite blush! I'm bring along these two because one's a more bright, shimmery blush and the other one is much more natural.
  • EOS Lip Balm | This one basically just goes where ever I go!
  • M.A.C. MSF Soft & Gentle | My most favorite highlighter ever! I love this for the summer time to give me a shimmering, champagne highlight! This looks so nice with the NARS Laguna bronzer.
  • Sephora Eyeliner | I pretty much always wear this when I'm not wearing any make up, too bad it's not waterproof. Doesn't make it a very beach friendly liner!
  • M.A.C. Eye Liner Prunella | Something different if I don't feel like wearing my liquid liner.
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer | I'm so very pale that I need to keep my face looking nice and bronzey whilst on the beach!
  • M.A.C. Venus Lipstick | My new baby! It is the perfect summer-y pink that you can wear as a day time lippie or even a night time lippie!
  • Z-Palette & Urban Decay Naked Palette | I am so ever grateful that palette's are created especially amazing ones like these! The Z-Palette carries my favorite colored shadows very compactly and the Naked Palette will let me create any type of eye look I'll need!
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion | In this summer heat I need to keep my eyeshadow nice and steady on my eyes!
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion | I knew I only wanted one mascara so I just closed my eyes and picked one! I don't have any waterproof ones, but that needs to change on this trip!
That's all I'm bringing with me! When I was packing it didn't seem like much and when I snapped the photo it still looked like a decent amount, but writing it all out and looking at it makes me think that maybe I'm bringing too much! Julia's probably going to think I'm a nut! I'm gonna see what I use and don't so that I'll be able to gauge what I'll need for my next trip!

What are some of your essential items to put in your travel make up bags? Is there anything you just can't leave home without? How do you pack it so that everything makes the trip safely? Share your tips with me because I know I'll need them :)
xo

10 comments:

  1. I definitely need to try the laguna bronzer... I'm just a little hesistant about spending that much on a bronzer. It may have to be my birthday treat to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant too! I didn't understand why you needed to pay so much for a silly bronzer. It works so well! And they sure do give you a lot! It's perfect! I know you won't regret it :)

      Delete
  2. that is definitely not too much! you should see my post on my travel bag, now I overdid it! it is just so hard, i need to have options even if I do not end up using them :P

    http://polishmebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading it! Okay, yeah you're right it's not too, too much! But still, now I feel as though I'm forgetting something haha! There's no winning with packing!

      Delete
  3. I love the Mrs bunny brushes! Need them in my life..
    I tried following you but don't know where your followers bit is weh!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the softest brushes! I don't know how I applied make up without them! That's odd it's on the left hand side at the top underneath my blog description! :)

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous selection of make up for your travels,I love it all,I just saw another blogger who uses that EOS lip balm,in a funky cute little container,I've heard it's good and think also you should always have a lip balm on you,especially on holiday :)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend and im following your fab blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grinning from ear to ear! Thank you so much for following and your lovely words! I feel like I can't go anywhere without my lip balm, haha! xx :)

      Delete
  5. I just did this same blog post yesterday!

    http://illuminatingg.blogspot.com/2012/07/whats-inside-my-travel-bag.html

    We packed some similar stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. Your post have the information that is helpful and informative. . I would like you to keep up the good work.thanks

    ianjohnson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)