Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Random Rambly Rant: Hooded Eyelids & FOTD

Apologies for no actual beauty content on the blog at the moment. I swear I have products that I am dying to review you for you guys, as well as other miscellaneous posts. Which is actually what brings me to this post! I was trying to snap a picture of my make up today because I thought it reminded me of a bronzed, sunset look (beauty girls, we can buy and use the products but have the worst difficulty describing it). Anyway, I wanted to do a FOTD because I don't do those too often, but I couldn't get my eye make up to show up! After blogging for this short amount of time I have come to the realization that my eyelids are indeed hooded which makes it super difficult to showcase my eye look's without looking down at the floor! I never understood why I could never see my eye make up unless I put my head all the way back and then proceeded to look in the mirror. 

I did manage to slightly capture the eye make up along with the rest of my face so I decided I'd also do a FOTD :)

What I'm wearing:
  • Dr. Jart++ Waterfuse BB Cream
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Half Baked all across the lid and lower lashline
  • Urban Decay Toasted on the outer third of the lid atop the Half Baked and then into the crease
  • Urban Decay Virgin in the inner corner and brow highlight
  • Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes 001 upperlashline and then smudged a bit, then on the water line
  • M.A.C. Zoom Fast Black Lash
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer 
  • NARS Orgasm
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey
That's all! Easy peasy golden eye look (: I love to use the gold and purply eye color to make my blues eyes pop more. Unfortunately the eyeshadow colors get really lost when I open my eyes!

Do any of you also have hooded lids? What are your tips & tricks to get your eye make up to pop and not just get hide away? I'd love to hear any tips you may have as this is starting to become a tad frustrating!
xo

5 comments:

  1. I also have hooded eyes! Bane of my life but I have grown to like them! I tend to keep my eyeshadow neutral hightlighting the inner corner as you have done & lots of black mascara! Lovely natural look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that they make my eyes look bigger so I never look tired! Haha. Yeah I tend to do that a lot, and I agree, black mascara is a best friend! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have hooded eyes as well!
    I don't put very much eyeliner on or a very thin line, otherwise eyeshadow doesn't show very much unless you close your eyes...
    or when you are putting color in your crease make sure that you work it ON TOP your crease as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always have to choose if the day is an 'eyeliner' day or a 'shadow' day. I never thought to do that with the crease color though! I'm gonna try it out :) Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
    2. I just learned about it as well! It helps since the crease is usually 'hidden' so it kind of extends it up! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)